All Topics / Value Adding / Air Conditioning

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of batesybatesy
    Participant
    @batesy

Hi All,

Looking for a suggestion for some AC in our newly purchased townhouse. Now upstairs it is quite warm, so we have been looking into some cooling suggestions. Now we recieved a quote for some ducted AC upstairs, $6300 for a standard reverse cycle, or $6800 for an LG inverter. Now that seems about $1500 excessive. We received the quote from Ambience Air, can anyone recommend a good company that will do ducted reverse cycle for a better price than that?
    What are some other options for cooling? We face east west, so in the afternoon, it gets very hot upstairs while watching telly. So i was thinking some block out curtains (we have black venitions) and some window tinting. Split systems i somewhat think of as a waste of money….

Cheers
    batesy

Profile photo of DraconisVDraconisV
    Participant
    @draconisv

First thing first get white venetians or something else but it has to be white or like cream. Generally a light tone of something.
    With the tinting I have no idea. Um I wouldn’t spend the money on the air con. Unless you have money growing out of your ears like half of the people here.
    Christopher.

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hi Batesy. If downstairs is Ok, and your heating is taken care of in both areas, for cooling upstairs why not just look at a wall mount split system. They do a great job, and there is plenty of choice, and the heating works well too, not just the cooling. all the invertor units do, is cost less to run in theory, as they take a while to kick in and start up, wheras non invertor units get to the temperature required a lot quicker, but take some juice to do so. (ie power $$$) Best for low use where quick results required, invertor fine if you paln to be in fornt of the tv sipping lagers all day. Couple of grand and you are away and happy……..It’s either that or a fan……[strum]

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

Hi batesy

I see you are WA, My hubby has an airconditioning firm. He will give you no nonsense advice, on the best way to go and where to get it.

He does mainly commercial. He doesn’t do much install work for residential, so no conflict on the advice.

So email me a plan with measurements and I will run it past him got you.

Celeste

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

Hi batesy

Last sentence I meant ” for you” soryy

Celeste

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.