All Topics / Help Needed! / Help Needed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of kiwiperukiwiperu
    @kiwiperu

We are about to sign a contract on a property in QLD on a large block but have just found out that it has a sewerage pipe and a storm water pipe running through the property. Does anyone know what the implications this has regards to future sub-division and building on the spare block on top of where the pipes lie.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Kiwiperu.

Profile photo of SargeantSargeant
    @sargeant

In my PPOR in Qld we have a man hole in or yard for the sewerage pipes we must keep it clear at al times. I also believe that you are not able to build over sewerage lines. You will have to check with council. Is your block in QLD ?

Aslam Sargeant.

[email protected]

Profile photo of kiwiperukiwiperu
    @kiwiperu

Hi Aslam, the property is in the Ipswich area in QLD and I will call the local council to see what they can tell me. Perhaps someone has experience in building over storm water or sewerage pipes and can shed some light on what is involved.
    Thanks for your reply.

Profile photo of d_robb21d_robb21
    Participant
    @d_robb21

Hi kiwiperu,

Long story short, you can build over SOME storm sewers and easements, not over pits, and if you are planning on building over them factor in quite a bit to pay for the additional expense. Have a chat to the councils planning/building department, they’ll tell you real quick what you can and can’t do specifically with your block, then have a chat to an architect, he’ll tell you the design considerations with regards to building over the easements (if possible) and should be able to give you some idea of the additional cost.

D.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.