All Topics / Help Needed! / What can I read into……………………….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of cyclistcyclist
    @cyclist

Just wondering……I don’t consider myself an expert on this….. I own a block of land in Far North Qld. It is only a small town population of about 1500 people. Over the last 18 months aprox 5 development estates have come to the market, so a lot of land has been developed, I reckon at least 100 blocks of land. As far as I can ascertain sales of these properties have been quite steady. Can I read anything into this ? Does this indicate growth, boom or anything? Advice needed. Thanks

Cyclist

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

I reckon it probably is the baby boomers retiring in the southern states that are moving north toa sunny climate. ABS figures may verify this. But you would have to pay for data checkout http://www.abs.gov.au. I saw a similiar thing happen in Warrnambool Victoria where there was no employment but houses were going up all over the town because of retired melbournians. Also it could be due to mining in the town as there is a global commodity boom happening at the moment you would need to find out what is the major employment / industry in the town. For the next five years baby boomers will be retiring !!

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of cyclistcyclist
    @cyclist

Thank s for your insight. This makes sense to me. I now recall one of the locals saying that there were a lot of southern investors.

Cyclist

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.