All Topics / Help Needed! / Pest Fumigation Urgent

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of sapphire101sapphire101
    Participant
    @sapphire101

Does anyone have experience when selling with regard to the positives or negatives of having a full fumigation done on a house? 

Do buyers shy away from the sale after finding the property has had a termite / pest problem or are they relieved that the house is safe for 10 years and they dont have to pay the $4000 themselves?

(In Victoria certificate of fumigation is attached to the house (fusebox) after completion)

Ian

Profile photo of SargeantSargeant
    @sargeant

My experince is that if the property is in an area where termites are active or old termite activity is detecded, lets say fences or old stumps. The prospective buyer is always more comftable knowing that the house is protected now and for many years. I have seen this numerous times.

Thanks

Aslam Sargeant
    0408 730 295
    Looking to buy or sell in Brisbanes South? “call me”

Profile photo of WylieWylie
    @wylie

For us (in Brisbane) a house having had termites at some stage of its life is no big issue. As long as it has been treated and there is minimal repair required, we are happy.

Also, at least with Queenslanders you can get underneath and see the damage yourself. Of course, too much damage would mean big spending to repair, but the last house we bought had a few floorboards eaten out enough that we had them replaced when we had the boards polished. Cost us a couple of hundred extra. The termites were long gone after having been treated in the past.

We have a fantastic pestman who we trust completely and he checks anything we are unsure of.

I would not have a full termite treatment done prior to putting a house on the market if there is no evidence of a problem. A comprehensive pest report saying the house is clear should be enough. Why pump chemicals around if there is no need?

Wylie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.