All Topics / Help Needed! / Convinced her, now have to convince father.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of DraconisVDraconisV
    Participant
    @draconisv

Thanks foundation and eden for both of those posts.

I am pursuing university, in either a bachelor or commerce or bachelor of business. My marks will determine where and which one.

As for a job, i currently work at Quakers Hill McDonalds. i have been working there for over 3 years now and have used it to fully pay off my brand new car(I know a brand new car was a very stupid financial decision) but i guess saving enough money to buy such a precious thing and having those habits is something that I can look back on and be proud of, i’ll also be proud of my beautiful little car.

It seems eden that you have been through what has just happened to me, people telling you can’t do it. Well they are just motivating us to prove them wrong.

The 9-5 job, yes its stable and yes it does bring in the cash with which to live a normal life on with the usual luxuries.
    But I have asked many people the simple yes or no question;
    If you had enough money to be able to quit working would you quit the 9-5? And every single person says yes, followed by the reasons of sleepins, spending time with family.

I want those sleepins and to spend tones of time with my family. Yes working can be rewarding and you can also build friendships and relationships from it. But to be doing it for 50 years, not my cuppa tea.

Its also quite ironic when I asked that sock colour question as a joke as I only have black socks. For school and for work so its easier to have all black. And black ain’t a colour so guys that easy question has no answer. :)

Thank you everyone for your views whether they be positive or negative, they have allowed me to see everything in a diffferent light and push me to strive further.

Christopher Fife.

Profile photo of woodrowwoodrow
    @woodrow
    Originally posted by DraconisV:

Its also quite ironic when I asked that sock colour question as a joke as I only have black socks. For school and for work so its easier to have all black. And black ain’t a colour so guys that easy question has no answer. :)

This strange comment had me intrigued, so I went on a search to the humble dictionary to assist.
    Ironic: containing or exemplifying irony: an ironic novel; an ironic remark.
    Hmm…not a big help, so my search led me further.
    Irony: the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning

Ahhh… there we go. A definition to work with. Now the next challenge, fitting that definition somehow to your strange comment.
    No dice. There is no way I could incorporate the commonly held definition or irony into your statement. Quite the conundrum I think you will agree.
    Grasping at straws, I began searching for random words in an attempt to find something to fit the statement. Perhaps instead of I, he meant to type MO? lets see:
    Moronic: a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.

DING DING DING!!

Profile photo of siraitkensiraitken
    Participant
    @siraitken

Woodrow I am nearly the same age as Chris and it is clear we are both more mature than you. Your countless attacks are pathetic and poor. What do you gain from making these statements?

You’ve spoken your opinion and he has taken it onboard now why don’t you just move on.

Dave

Profile photo of zen1zen1
    @zen1
    Code:
    For example, he argued until he was blue in the face one night that if you insure your $200K house for $100K and it burns down, the insurance company will pay out the full $100K. I tried to explain about under-insurance but HE KNEW BEST. I worked for a bank at the time and my brother was in the insurance area of the bank, but what did I know? You get the picture….. He knew everything.

Isn’t this correct? If you insure for 100K and it burns down you will get 100K pay out? But if your house is damage than you will get the proportion (50%) of the repair cost.
    Can someone explain please.

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.