All Topics / Help Needed! / house insurance

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of KDTKDT
    @kdt

Hi All

Got a bit of a problem. We need to insure our new investment property. (outer eastern suburbs melbourne). We are having trouble finding an insurer that will insure vacant property. Anybody got an idea/suggestion of who to use? or how to get around the problem?

Regards
    KDT

Profile photo of ShwingShwing
    Participant
    @shwing

I suggest using a broker, It’s in there best interest to find you an insurer.
    You may be paying a small premium each year, but when something goes wrong the broker does the hard work on your behalf with a claim. I use Austbrokers, and they have been pretty helpful with my recent fire claim. Don’t know if they have anyone in your area, and not all brokers handle all types of insurance but you can check out austbrokers.com.au for more info.

Mal

Getting out of your comfort zone, can help you become comfortable

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

cgu insurance landlord insurance policy. I had the same problem and they were extremely helpful in this situation.

You are probably feeling like you are in dire straits with your settlement date racing closer and the bank not issuing the money because the house isn’t insured !!!!
    If you are going through a real estate agent for the rental property management they may be able to refer you to an insurance agent.

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

I think from memory I used an insurance broker
    Aon/REI in Camberwell
    check
    http://www.aon.com.au/associations/landlords_residential_property_protection.asp

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of IPSpiritIPSpirit
    @ipspirit

Western QBE is insuring my vacant property with Landlord insurance, which I will ammend to a bigger policy (by $80) to cover loss of income (rent), malicious damage etc once a tenant moves in.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.