All Topics / General Property / which insurance company

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

I would just like to know which insurance company forum members are using to cover their rentals – I am using GIO and have not had any problems but I have a feeling they are expensive -thinking about a change.

Sourcing Positive Cashflow Investment Property http://www.cashflowproperties.co.nz/cashflowproperties_wanganui.htm

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hi. We are using AAMI, rate and cover seems good, but have never had to make a claim. (would have if our excess was lower but!) All the best.

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

I am using CGU

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of ArtaudArtaud
    Participant
    @artaud

Hi DLPP,

We’re with NRMA in NSW. We haven’t registered a claim so I can”t comment on the efficiency or quality of their ‘after sales service’.

When we were looking for a new insurer I just set up an Excel document (though a good ol’ piece of paper and pen would have done just fine) and set out all the insurers we were looking at and all the features offered, ticking in the appropriate boxes as I went. At the bottom of each column I put the cost of each insurer (as well as discounts for upping the excess).

It took a while to do because I had to sift through a lot of disclosure statement guff but in the end it was a clear apples versus apples snapshot of the products we were looking at. In the end, for our purposes, NRMA had the most ticks and a reasonable premium (note that this may not be the case for your purposes).

Which ever way you go I can highly recommend this system for finding the right product for you.

Oh, and do a search on the archives of this site as well…there are plenty of threads on insurers.

Cheers,
    Art

‘Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.’ – Albert Einstein

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

SGIO for IP’s

Terri SCHEER (Underwritten by CGU) for LL

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Online Positive Cashflow and Renovating Calculators

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.