All Topics / Help Needed! / Building inspector required (urgent)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of menteementee
    Participant
    @mentee

Can someone recommend a buliding &pest inspector, particularly for an old buliding (60+ years) in melbourne inner suburbs.
    Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of KDTKDT
    @kdt

Hi Mentee
    Archicentre cover a wide range of buildings and are very good. They can be found on the web. Not sure of the web address.
    Regards
    KDT

Profile photo of ttmanttman
    @ttman

I find arichicentre charges much more than other building inspectors, for example, a block of units archicentre asks $1900, I got it done for $480. You do the sum. Also I reckon they are boofins and not as hands on as your local builders, i.e. mechanical engineer vs motor mechanics, one learn from the books and the other learn by doing.

Profile photo of menteementee
    Participant
    @mentee

Anyone can recommend a good one?

Profile photo of KDTKDT
    @kdt

I dont know of any local (to inner melbourne) building inspectors but would be happy to use archicentre for my inspections (all areas). My local building inspector (outer eastern suburbs) is ex archicentre and is exceptionally thorough.
    TTMAN, I read your comments on archicentre and therefore ask, could you supply a reference for somebody that could assist Mentee?
    Regards
    KDT

Profile photo of ttmanttman
    @ttman

Few years ago I used Werner Engel from Engel Homes (tel : 98177933), he was not cheap but could inspect a property quickly. Because I haven’t bought in Melbourne in the past few years, I don’t know how much he charges now. May be I shouldn’t put the boffin bit in the previous reply, but I was cheesed off at the big difference in fee.

Profile photo of menteementee
    Participant
    @mentee

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.