All Topics / Help Needed! / Vandalism & Arson Crime

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of npumpkinpumpki
    @npumpki

I wonder if anyone can help me, I bought a house in Gagebrook TAS

An area that has got high crimes rate and troubles, and it’s an ex-housing commission area, right after settlement I had eight broken windows caused by teenages in the neighborhood.

The house got broken into last month, backyard gate was collapsed, costed me $1000 to replace.

I think i have got myself into serious trouble, bought the house for 120K currently tenanted for 165 pw… paying interest only

What should I do with this one?

[glum2]
    dave

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

Hi dave

I think you know!

celeste

Profile photo of property1234property1234
    @property1234

Hi Dave,

I would be interested to know how things turned out for you with this property?

Thanks,
    Ollie

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Install security cameras & get a good insurance policy covering malicious damage.

Good luck

Profile photo of madelizabethanmadelizabethan
    @madelizabethan

I agree with Scott…

Even properties in Mt Druitt, which is a pretty rough part of Sydney, go fairly well with a good insurance policy behind them. Never underinsure!

Profile photo of DanielBDanielB
    Participant
    @danielb

$120k is cheap, even for shitty old gagebrook :)  The brighter side of it all is that you were lucky it wasn't burnt out as thats the going thing there atm :(

It is a slum area but it has a new shopping centre and soon to be school (that got burnt down too ha….) and some of the kids are growing up nowdays, only time will tell.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.