All Topics / Heads Up! / Is this a big new potential investment area?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of andrewff1@aapt.net.au[email protected]
    Participant
    @andrewff1-aapt.net.au

[I am a real “New Chum” at this, so may be wasting space here, but as I don’t have access to finance for property investing (but am still vitally interested – and hopeful!), please bear with me.
    Has anybody else twigged to a news item that was on TV in the last couple of days, about the desperate shortage of housing for incoming workers in towns surrounding some of the new or expanding coal-mining operations in this country? The one I saw said that the shortage was causing rents in one town as high as $300/week !!!!
    Bearing in mind how Steve & Dave got started, (and the fact that local Councils in these areas are being pressured to open up more land for development), would it be in anybody’s interest to research just where these ‘hot spots’ are, and keep tabs on developments? With some diligence (and maybe a spot of good luck), it just might be possible to “get in on the ground floor”.

Just a thought.

Andrew Ogilvie

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Some searches will show that this has been discussed many times before.

The big fear is who will be left holding the baby if the one industry downsizes or closes.

But many investors have done well as long as they know what they are doing. Don’t be the bunny from the big city who buys the stock the locals wont touch!

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.