All Topics / Help Needed! / buyers agent in melbourne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of suffragettesuffragette
    @suffragette

Hi everyone
    i’m just starting out as well. For the experienced investors, do you recommend using a buyers agent to find IP? I know that it will take alot of research, and with a full time job, and freelance work (on the weekend), and a possibility of taking up part time study as well, i can’t see having alot of free time to do the necessary research. i do have abit of money to spend, so i was wondering if it’s worth it to spend a few thousand dollars for their expertise, and then i just do more research on what they recommend to me.

if it is worth it, does anyone know of a good buyers agent in melbourne?

eager to get into the market,
    [blush2]

Profile photo of chris67chris67
    Participant
    @chris67

Hi Yessy,

We were in a similar position a few years ago and were overwhelmed by the prospect of making sure we bought ‘right’. Do you buy in the outer suburbs with good yield, but a likley lower growth, or inner suburbs, with maybe avergae yield, but potential for very good growth.

After many phone calls and meetings, we decided to go with Wakelin Property Advisory, based in Kew East. They mainly focus on properties within a close radius of the CBD and ones that have a scarcity factor. This is so to potentially achieve greater growth than average. Using an agent can take the emotion out of buying a property and they use their skill and knowledge to idnetify a reasonable buying price, as well as selecting properties that fir their criteria. They also offer after purchase support and can assist with recommending rental maanaging and finance.

Wakelin have a good reputation in the industry and have years of experience behind them. Personally, I can’t recommend them enough. Their number is 03 98599595, or visit http://www.wakelin.com.au

Cheers

Chris

Profile photo of suffragettesuffragette
    @suffragette

thanks alot for the tip chris! i’ll definitely have a look into it more.
    my plan is to start buying next year, as i want to learn alot more about property investing before jumping in.

another question is, for a first time investor, is it better to buy a property that’s brand new? i’ve been offered to buy brand new place (being built early next year), below average selling price, because i know the developer. I was wondering if this is a good way to get into property investing? and if it is, is it necessary to get a professional inspection done on a new property ? (to check for structures, etc).[blink]

Any advice is greatly appreciated[thumbsupanim]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

http://www.metropole.com.au is the one I would use in your situation.

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.