All Topics / Value Adding / suggest a tradesman.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of MunnoMunno
    @munno

Hi All,

Last weekend, we signed contract for 3 bedroom house in Parramatta area of Sydney. The existing fence is wooden and is @ 1.5m high and is in very bad shape. We need to replace it and hence need advise.

It is corner block so we are not sharing three sides with anyone and have to bare cost on our own. We wanted a fence which provides us privacy and makes harder for someone to jump in from road. On there is no fence and we want to put fence with gate.

What are costing like for different kind of fence?
    Please suggest us fencers you have dealt with in past and are happy with their work and service.

Also, suggest us bathroom renovation guys, please.

Regards,

Munno

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

Hi Munno

We put in a colobond fence on our new PPOR, there is a walk way down the side, it is 1.8m high with a privacy screen = 2.1 m high.

You can put it in your self, comes in lots of colours, ring around for prices and check out their web site.

Celeste[biggrin]

Profile photo of MunnoMunno
    @munno

all,

I did some further investion and found that council has previously only approved up to 1.2 m high fence.

celeste,

Is it really easy to put fence ourselves? Even if it requires bit of physical work, I am willing to do it. Where do I get some kind of instructions to put fence myself?

Regards,

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

Hi Munno

Try the council again, stress safety / privacy etc, maybe compromise high at rear sides of house, lower at front?
    When I asked our council re fencing height they looked a
    t me like they didnot know what I was talking about and said what ever and I did not need a permit, but they spoted on my backyard plans where I was going to put a cubby house and said if it is taller than the fence I needed council permission, go figure?

You should be able to get a pamplet from where you buy it or their web site. I watched the guys install ours, it was just holes for the posts and the panel slide in the channel a few screws or tivots can not remember which and it was done!

Do you have Stratco hardware there, they defintly sell it with DIY instructions. The Reno bros advertise it on TV ” happy neighbour fencing” check their web site.

Celeste

Profile photo of MunnoMunno
    @munno

celeste,

I don’t have hardware but will have to do more investigation. Thanks for your suggestions.

Anyone else want to drop their 2 cents!!

Regards,

Profile photo of irbrillirbrill
    @irbrill

I aways spend abit more time/ money on front fences as it’s the first thing peolpe see and good impressions can mean more $

Izza

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.