All Topics / Finance / How long should it take to get an answer ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of mkcmkc
    @mkc

Hey guys.
    Wondering the sort of normal time frame [if there is one ] it can take to get your nod ?
    l’m waiting on an answer but l have a very short , nerve racking time frame or l’ll lose a deal l really want .l just don’t wanna get pushy with the finance although l don’t know if that normally hurts or not .
    l was told a wk ago from the broker it had gone in a few days earlier , looked ok and was being assessed . They’ve asked for one more thing since , that was all good , now waiting .

Cheers
    Mkc

Profile photo of mummum
    @mum

Hi MKC

It should be possible to get an answer in a couple of days though often it can take longer.

Did you let your broker know you had such a tight time frame? If he did know, then he should have passed on your urgency and 5 days is getting excessive. If he didn’t know, then he will have put it through the normal queue and that can take some time.

Mum

Profile photo of mkcmkc
    @mkc

Thanks Mum.
    Yeah he had all the dates and knew the score . Said he can do it ok but being a way out of the norm setup , our best shot was getting everything spot on first then quietly put it in.
    Reckoned it would still make the dates ok but had a better shot if we didn’t make a scene .

Mkc

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

Push hard if you have a tight time frame. our paperwork will probably end up sitting in someones in- tray doing nothing right through til your time frame expires..

It is your responsibility to get the finance through, you have a right (and i’d say obligation) to be assertive.

trust me..

Profile photo of BluewaterFinancialBluewaterFinancial
    Participant
    @bluewaterfinancial

From a brokers perspective, they are working for you. Quite clearly, the broker wants to recieve positive feedback from you, and possibly referrals, so meeting your needs is a must for the broker. Do not think of it as applying pressure. Think of it as working together towards a common goal – yours. Lets face it by achieving your goal, you both profit. If you don’t you both lose out….. Work together, keep the communication and expectations clear and open and make it happen…..

Wade Greasley
    Bluewater Financial Pty Limited
    Residential and Commercial Lending Brokers
    [email protected]
    “Discover the Bluewater Difference”

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

Wade, I will be more specific. I have usually had very helpful brokers and they are rarely the problem.
    It is usually the maze of systems at the Lenders end of town where most costly delays occur.

When it comes to the crunch on the day the money needs to be paid, it is the Investor that cops delay fees and/or loss of deposit and/or Legal proceedings and/or losing a good deal.
    The Broker, Lender, Real Estate Agent, Seller or anyone else do not suffer this loss. Just the investor, so if things aren’t getting done then is up to the Investor to get them done.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Sometimes the slowness is due to the valuation being slow. Once the valuation is back, the answer should arrive within 24-48 hrs.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of mkcmkc
    @mkc

Thanks very much for those guys you’ve made my mind up , l’m on the phone today .
    The problem with this deal is l haven’t done many but if l can get my hands on this one it’ll set me up, l want it too bad – hate that ! Life always seems to go better for me when l’m not fussed .

You’ll hear the partying from here if it’s good news but l’ll be drowning my sorrows if it’s not that’s forsure .
    Catch ya
    Mkc

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.