All Topics / Help Needed! / Leasehold Property

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of paul4471paul4471
    @paul4471

Has anyone got any experience with buying commercial leasehold property.

Tips on how easy it is to resell. How long a leasehold do people think I should accept.

And what about financing the deal, will a bank be preared to look at it given that it is only leasehold and not a freehold? Will the standard 70% rule apply?

The deal I’m looking at is CF+ with a strong tenancy agreement in place but is $1m+ so want to cover as many angles as possible.

Profile photo of MortgagemanMortgageman
    Participant
    @mortgageman

Hi Paul,

Only a couple of the banks will look at leasehold property and you would most likely be looking at a maximum LVR of 50-60%, depending on the location, tenant, length of lease etc. What sort of commercial property is it? You could probably get a higher LVR through private money, but this would be far more expensive. I hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards,

Cameron Perry
    Director
    Perry Financial Strategies
    Level 13, 30 Collins St
    Melbourne VIC 3000
    Ph (03) 9662 1999
    Fax (03) 9662 2044
    http://www.perryfinance.com

Profile photo of paul4471paul4471
    @paul4471

Cameron, Thanks for the quick feedback. 40 yr leasehold approx $60kpa. Current tenant is into 2nd yr on 5yr lease at approx $200kpa, two 5 year options. Property is on market for $1.25m.

Looks attractive but don’t like the idea of tying up 40% or more of the value.

Within 5kms of CBD of major capital.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.