All Topics / Help Needed! / Charleville QLD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of alottialotti
    Participant
    @alotti

Has anyone here invested in Charleville? I have only recently heard of it and would love some inside info from an investor, REA or local.

Thanks guys!

Lena

Profile photo of alottialotti
    Participant
    @alotti

Anyone? No one?

I suppose I should thake this as a sign that it is not worth persuing.

Lena
    [worried]

Profile photo of ShwingShwing
    Participant
    @shwing

Hi Alotti,

Good Sign no one responding !!
    Charleville is only a town of 3500 people, way too small for an investor not living in the region. Most of the town is in a flood zone, although some new areas are poping up that are above the flood line. Rents can be good if you can get the government or big company renting for 2- 4 years.
    Getting good tradesmen can be expensive as there ar not many around.
    On the positive side, I’ve heard that in the near future (in property that’s < 2 years) there are some new mines opening up, with Charleville being the nearest big town. Also a new army training centre ( or something of that nature) less that 30km away. The army will knock up some baracks to accommodate the ranks but it should impact the town.

Mal

Getting out of your comfort zone, can help you become comfortable

Profile photo of alottialotti
    Participant
    @alotti

Hi Mal,

I know, this forum is great for feedback, positive or otherwise!

How did you find that information about the new mines and army training centre? I try to research but I never come up with anything good!

I was looking at towns that the qld goverment is building housing in. I work for an architectural firm and we’re currently building homes in places like Chareleville, Barcaldine, Roma and Emerald. I thought maybe this may be a good sign of better things to come?

Although, I’m quite adverse to risk, so I may just sit on it for a while…

Lena

Profile photo of ShwingShwing
    Participant
    @shwing

Sometimes it’s a case of not what you know but who you know. I know somebody in Charleville. Although they are leaving soon due to lack of work.

Mal

Getting out of your comfort zone, can help you become comfortable

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.