All Topics / Forum Frolic / Neighbourhood cats invasion !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of bennidobennido
    Participant
    @bennido

My backyard is being plagued by neighbourhood cats who seem love my backyard. They dig up the mulch, pee all over the place, etc. They sometimes fight each other and the nearby dogs keep barking at night waking up my lil’ baby boy.

What’s the best way to get rid of them ?

Is it legal for me to catch them and let them go somewhere far away from my house ?

They are driving me insane !

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Can you borrow a dog for a while?

These are probably pets so dumping them elsewhere would be wrong and probably illegal. As would baiting them.

Can you call council and ask the Rangers what to do? They may trap them and fine the owners – or is this just for dogs?

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

This is the reason that all pets should be registered. I would try to find the owners and speak with them. If my cat was disturbing the neighbours I would keep her inside at nights but would not appreciate anyone dumping her off somewhere else or worse!

Investment Property Management
    http://www.adprop.com.au

Profile photo of freeman cooperfreeman cooper
    @freeman-cooper

Hey bennido

I had a similar problem with pigions, about 100 of them, they pooed everywhere and were didrty.
    The answer is a can of whiskas and Fenitrothian.
    That will stop them.
    Or you might want to try chilli, that will burn their bum and give them a rash.

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

yes catnapping is highly illegal – or is that something else!

Sourcing Positive Cashflow Investment Property http://www.cashflowproperties.co.nz/properties-5.html

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of bennidobennido
    Participant
    @bennido
    Originally posted by freeman cooper:

Hey bennido

I had a similar problem with pigions, about 100 of them, they pooed everywhere and were didrty.
    The answer is a can of whiskas and Fenitrothian.
    That will stop them.
    Or you might want to try chilli, that will burn their bum and give them a rash.

What is “Fenitrothian” and what does it do ? Does it make them go away ?

By the way people, don’t get me wrong. I’m not a cat hater or anything like that. I just can’t stand the nuisance they are causing at my property.

I can’t believe how irresponsible some cat owners are who let their pets roam around the neighbourhood uncontrolled. They should be forced to keep their cats within the boundaries of their properties or take them outside under controlled circumstances like with dogs.

Profile photo of WylieWylie
    @wylie

Please don’t act on these suggestions. It is not the cats that are to blame, it is their owners. I don’t know what to suggest but feel sure there must be something that cats don’t like that you can spread around your yard to deter them, but that will not harm them.

Why not do a google search, or give your local vet a call. I’m sure they will have a safe answer.

Wylie

Profile photo of freeman cooperfreeman cooper
    @freeman-cooper

Hi Bennido,
    Fenitrothian is a poison, I agree with wylie, I feel guilty even suggesting it, Maybe try just burning their bum. Cats are smelling and sniffing all the time, I believe the chillie works until you get rain, but by that time they may have it in mind to give your house a wide berth. They sniff it sneeze, weeze and go away. It may also burn their bums.
    The Fenitrothian did work on the pigions and they could’nt come back if they wanted to.

Profile photo of islandgirlislandgirl
    @islandgirl

We had a problem with roaming animals from neighbours – dogs, cats, cattle and peacocks!. At one stage the animal control department of the council lent us some of there animal traps. We trapped the neighbours dogs, the council came and picked them up.

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

The RSPCA has cat cages to catch the cats and if the owners are unknown you then trap them and then hand the animals in to the RSPCA. Easy

Jenny1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.