All Topics / Value Adding / Dressing home for sale/ Home Staging

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of LeilaLeila
    @leila

Hi All,
    I was wondering whether any of you have had experience with any companies that dress (interior furnishing) your home for sale in Victoria and could describe the process and costs involved. Also, any recommendations of companies who do this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Leila

P.S. Since we in Aust seem to follow so many US trends, you might like to know that I’m in California at the moment and it seems very few properties are sold without professional “staging”. You can become an “accredited staging expert” after taking a 6-day training course here, although not having done the course, I certainly can’t vouch for its effectiveness.

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi Leila,

We have used these services many times in New Zealand and they are worth every penny.

We are in the process of settling up a similar business on the nsw central coast. I will let you know when it is up and running.

cheers

Liz

Sourcing Positive Cashflow Investment Property http://www.cashflowproperties.co.nz/properties-5.html

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of alottialotti
    Participant
    @alotti

Hi Leila,

I do it here in Brisbane and charge a flat rate of $70 per hour.

Any interior decorator can help you too, you do not require a home staging expert per se. You can find a good decorator for under $100 an hour which is worth every penny when you consider the difference to your house profitability.

Lena
    http://www.alotti.com.au

Profile photo of WylieWylie
    @wylie

We have “dressed” houses for sale. We use appropriate furniture and accessories from our own house and my mother’s house. It really makes a big difference to the look and a huge improvement on an empty room.

We have a good eye for design and have enough “spare” leather couches, prints, coffee tables between us to make the house look great. People often have trouble picturing how to use a room if it is empty. I know that sounds silly, but it is true, and most rooms actually look bigger with some furniture.

Biggest nuisance is carting it all in, and then carting it all home again.

Wylie

Profile photo of LeilaLeila
    @leila

Thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated.

Will most likely attempt to do dressing myself with some existing furniture (will have to put lots in storage). If it’s not working out well, I’ll be chasing down an interior decorator/designer.

[biggrin]
    Leila

Profile photo of dcounsell2006dcounsell2006
    @dcounsell2006

Hi Leila. Don’t forget to ask your RE if they provide this service when getting the property ready for sale.
    My RE does this but I haven’t got a cost yet.

Fiona

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.