All Topics / Help Needed! / does anyone know our rights as landlords in NZ

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of KristineKristine
    @kristine

A few months ago i was looking at my paper work from the real estate agent who is the property manager for my house and noticed that the name had changed so i had a different tennant in my house and was not even told by the property manager didnt even tell me that my property was vacant for 1 week i wasnt happy…. then this tennant turned out to be a bad tennant she owes me a few weeks rent and she has been evicted from the house i then found out today that this tennant already owes the real estate agent rent for a previous house that she rented through them and she has always been unemployed…now i know for a fact if they had of rang me before she moved into my house to ask if i would be happy with such a tennant moving in i would have said no… i am really annoyed at this property manager does any one know what i can do about this situation… what are my rights ..as i dont think its fair that they get any comission from the $$ owed if i get it back in fact better still i think the real estate agent should pay me the missing rent as they made all the decisions without me can this be done if so how?? any help would be much appreciated thanks

Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi

Hi Kristine,

Sorry to hear about your problems in NZ. I’m not sure which property manager you are using, but I would be switching to someone else ASAP. It doesn’t sound like your PM is trustworthy or doing their job right! You should take this up with the principal/director of the management company/agency and tell them exactly what you want. I’m not sure what your rights are, but I would carefully read through the contract you signed to assign the agency as your PM.

Good luck with it.

Regards,
    Ozi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.