All Topics / Help Needed! / Subdivision NSW

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Robbo26Robbo26
    @robbo26

Hi All,

I have researched the forum re Subdivisions and in relation to costs I can see where Surveyor, Lega; and Council costs to subdivide are approx $15k-$20k.
    However I have come across an old API article Feb 04 which states “In NSW only registered residential buliding blocks can be offered for sale and blocks can’t be registered until services have been provided. Meaning stormwater drainage, water, sewerage, power and paved access are in place”.
    I checked with our local council and their response was that I should talk to a solicitor.
    Before I do that could someone advise if this is correct, and I’d also be interested in costs involved.
    By the way my idea was to subdivide an existing large block that has a house on it then on sell the vacant block.

Cheers

Robbo26

Robbo26

Profile photo of MarkatMarkat
    Participant
    @markat

My sister was just investigating a subdivision in North Sydney. Large block, two titles, plus a house. Seemed a really good buy and easy chop. She likewise gave me the story that she would have to put a road down etc. before she could on sell (i.e. there is already a dirt road). So it seems there could be some truth in what you have learned.

Markat
    Email Me

Profile photo of BluewaterFinancialBluewaterFinancial
    Participant
    @bluewaterfinancial

You are right in terms of land in residential built up areas cannot be sold without services being attached. It is a normal condition of the contract of sale that a sewer plan be attached, showing where the closest sewer connection is to your property. In addition the property must have access to town water and town power.
    The reason why the counil referred you to a solicitor was that the solicitor can do land searches of Deposited Plan and determine where the sewer lines are, were power and water easements are. The next step is to contact the relative semi government authorities such as Sydney Water and Integral Energy to get quotes on the linkage. I have only been involved in vacant land transactions and the costs vary. Best see a solicitor, then make enquiries with the relatives agencies to amend your feasibility calculations.

Wade Greasley
    Bluewater Financial Pty Limited
    [email protected]
    Ph – 0414564743
    Residential and Commercial Lending Brokers
    “Discover the Bluewater Difference”[biggrin]

Profile photo of george1955george1955
    @george1955

I have done a few subdivisions in NSW, yes from what i understand, you have to have sewer, and a driveway before you can register a title, i never go to a solicitor for this info i go to a town planner or a local surveyor they will give you this info over the phone for free hoping to get your surveying work, which i give them. However the biggest pittfall i find is hidden developers fees, first subdivision i did i bought the block with existing house for $150,000 and planned to subdivide it and the local water authority charged me $12,000 developers fee, which covered nothing, i still had to pay for the sewer connection etc… i made a DVD that i sell covering some of these pitfalls.
    Hope this helps…… i love subdividing!!!

Profile photo of Robbo26Robbo26
    @robbo26

Thanks Markat, Wade and George 1955.
    How do you purchase a copy of the DVD.

Cheers

Robbo26

Robbo26

Profile photo of george1955george1955
    @george1955

email me and i will give you the website that sells great subdividing info and the DVD
    [email protected]

And anyone else for that matter that wants the website

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.