All Topics / Help Needed! / If you had $500k cold hard cash.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Profile photo of ogilvyogilvy
    @ogilvy

How would you invest it in property ?

Would you stick to the methods you are doing now…perhaps creating CF+ resi. Or would you go for one beast commercial/industrial property with a decent return. Or maybe something alltogether different.

[medieval]

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Money is not a limitation to investing!

I would do exactly what I do now.

[biggrin]

Investment Property Management
    http://www.adprop.com.au

Profile photo of ogilvyogilvy
    @ogilvy

[party]

I knew someone would say something like that !

[party]

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

The question is not what would you do with $500K (to me that’s almost a victim question!!!)

The question is what can you do to make $500 K PER YEAR!!!

Investment Property Management
    http://www.adprop.com.au

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

hmmm, i would probably pay off the loan on the PPOR, then borrow against it.

Then look for undervalued properties and pay cash (lending to a separate trust structure first). Then try to mortgage these properties at 100% of the purchase price to release the money back. Maybe deposit the funds in a 100% offset account while thinking of what to do next.

Probably some shares too.

Depending on your situation, maybe look at gifting it to a trust too. Too much money to be owned by yourself. Maybe spend some of it on legal/tax advice

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I would upgrade my PPOR to a lakefront one.

I would then borrow 80% of the value and add to my property, managed fund and share portfolio.

i would consider a decent sized commercial or industrial property if the right one came along.

Would also consider a share in a pub if the right property and partnership was available.

Cheers

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

I’d go and spread 300K around the accounts to prop them up cashflow-wise for 2 years.

I’d use the other 200K to live off, travelling around Australia with the troops having a whale of a time. I reckon you could see a fair ol’ chunk of Oz in that time frame.

By the time I came back 2 years hence, I’d salivate for a while [specs] over the increase in equity and rock bottom LVR figures that we’d have….and then go get me some of those large boody-delicious chunks of industrial dirt.

Profile photo of DraconisVDraconisV
    Participant
    @draconisv

Seeing as I don’t yet own a PPOR or an IP, the first thing I would do would be to buy a few IP’s. Yea just to get me started.
    A PPOR will come down the track(lol, im only 18, wait till like 25+).
    Woah imagine the equity I would have then, woahhh!!. Can’t even imagine it now.

Christopher.

Profile photo of Bo_D_Bo_D_
    Participant
    @bo_d_

look for two undervalued properties around 220k each and invest the rest in shares.

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

yeah – would stick to the methods i am doing now as doing what works works can’t be a bad thing. The real question is more toward what dr x is saying. You have the 500k how can you make that into something life changing rather than a delema.

You could by one large property and pull in 75k or so gross income off it but you also need to look a cap growth.

Perhaps starting something new with new money is not a good idea. I mean that you should feel confident in a certain area before throwing all the eggs in one basket.

Maybe you need to decide how active you want to be in relation to the portfolio. Are you young and starting out or is it the “last car before i die” type of investment you are thinking off.

Sourcing Positive Cashflow Investment Property http://www.cashflowproperties.co.nz/properties-5.html

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of aanzac64aanzac64
    Participant
    @aanzac64

If you were thinking of getting the best returns you would have to look at spreading it some what.
    Maybe buying something middle of the range in the right location that is residential and then looking for something commercial to use the remainder on.

You shouldn’t look at putting it all on one product and then use OPM to top up what is needed to gain the max tax relief for yourself.

Know of lots of projects in lots of areas that would jump at talking to you.[blink]

Owen

http://www.pbspropertygroup.com.au

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

Hi all

1st I would go shopping!!!!! clothes / shoes etc

Then I would go down to the block of apartments I came across the other day by the river buy the whole complex.

Then Find a bank to lend me the money to knock the lot down and build new delux ones right on the river.

make heaps of profit jump on a ship and go on a cruise.[biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

Celeste

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter
    Originally posted by aanzac64:

If you were thinking of getting the best returns you would have to look at spreading it some what.

Why?

A lot of experts invest in something they are very very good at for superior returns?

Others say diversification = diworsification.

Me? I have no firm ideas either way but wonder why you feel that spreading the joy is the best way.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of fbd1fbd1
    @fbd1

I am sorry but I must remove this post soliciting funds.

Profile photo of Asian spiritAsian spirit
    Participant
    @asian-spirit

Buy some property, then pay off enough of the loan so they are positive geared,also go P+I mortgage, loan against them to buy more property and continue to this untill you run out of cash, hopefully you will have a few properties to give you a nice income.

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi
    I would do similar to terry but i would the equity lend the value of the ppor against a commercial I would then take the cash flow the excess cash flow from that commercial( the difference between the repayment money to the bank and the rent) and us that to cover the shortfall on that block of units by the river or another development site.
    I would jv with a builder for him to cover the construction part of the loan and construct.
    and would use the new company/trust to purchase the car and the travel as part of you as a rep of the company to find new clients or sites.
    my .002

here to help

Profile photo of CanAmCanAm
    Participant
    @canam

Hmmm – $500K cash

Would conisder paying PPOR, but not much sence as I’d just rent it out. By a new PPOR when I get back from o/s holiday.

I’d by another IP (or 4) depends on value as I’d borrow most of it anyway. The rest I’d trade on the CFD/FOREX market and the profits between the three IP/CFD/FOREX would by me more properties….and maybe some time…as in to be with the family, travel etc

[biggrin]

Profile photo of Ol PaintingOl Painting
    @ol-painting

I probably would do what I’m doing now – investing in blocks of units.
    But I would do it without partners and/or on the larger scale.

But I should say that my research would extend significantly to larger commercial, industrial, etc. If I see the deal I would buy whatever makes profit and require reasonable management time.

Cheers
    Lesia
    [evo]
    http://www.vmstreamline.com

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi all
    if you mirror what you do best will always succeed

here to help
    contact me [email protected] if you wish

Profile photo of ogilvyogilvy
    @ogilvy

I am king at doing nothing, lazing around, enjoying the sun. The future all of a sudden is looking rosy.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.