All Topics / Finance / cashflowmortgage

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of abbruzziabbruzzi
    Participant
    @abbruzzi

Hi there,

I went to a seminar on the weekend with presenters Barry Pickering and Bill Zheng of Inverstorsdirect.

My question concerns the mortgage product Bill Zheng was introducing.

This mortgage product allows you to pay only a portion of the interest you’re supposed to pay each year, and allows the interest component you haven’t paid to be accumulated over and above the original loan amount.

http://www.cashflowmortgage.com.au/cash_flow.html

Any comments, opinions, advice with respect to advantages/disadvantages relating to the above mortgage would be extemely helpful.

Bottomline, I think with the mortgage, is that a -ve cf IP will be artifically a +ve CF for the first 3 years. After 3 years Cap Gain hopefully will kick in and with rent raises, the IP may become a real +ve CF. Or am I mistaken?

I’m in the process of applying for pre-approval for 400k Line of credit and am planning to finance two IPs at 200k, 80 LVR with Ratebusters. Have my own 2brm apartment LVR50.. yeah left it a bit late to start IPs.

I’m a newby to IP and am in the process of educating myself thru books – Steve’s books, Margaret Lomas and Patrick A Bright etc

Any other tips/advice with regards to my situation would also be gladly received.

Cheers
    [blink]

Profile photo of DaviddanaeDaviddanae
    @daviddanae

It looks a little suss to me. Not only are you hoping, praying & pleading for capital appreciation, you could find yourself in serious debt should / when interest rates rise& or the capital growth is not what was initially expected. I would be interested in some of the more experienced investors’ opinion on this type of product.

David

Profile photo of abbruzziabbruzzi
    Participant
    @abbruzzi

Thanks David,

Much apprieciated for your informed opinion.

I look forward to any other advice but I get the feeling you have hit the nail on the head.

Cheers
    Abbruzzi

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I think you could do this yourself by just letting the interest capitalise or by setting up another LOC and using that to pay the interest, or part of it – maybe the shortfall.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Those presenters are pretty well respected speakers and investors. I wouldn’t be too concerned about them scamming you.

Their product is simply a tool. If it works for you then use it. If it doesn’t then don’t. But make sure you completely understand what you want from an investment before you start.

All the best

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of NOVONOVO
    @novo

We have been looking at the same mortgage. We’ve even gone as far as putting in an application and getting ‘indicative approval’. We have 3 investment properties and are struggling to meet the shortfall on the repayments. The ‘Cash Flow Mortgage’ seemed the way for us, until we saw the exorbitant fees involved. Not only is the interest rate one of the highest around, there is a ‘risk fee’ of 1.5%, and an establishment fee (which can be deferred) of 3.5%. The other thing that concerns us is by eating into our future equity, we are going to make it difficult to purchase properties in the future.
    So…….we are now looking at other options, like lenders that will go to 90% LVR. Can anyone recommend a lender that does go to 90%LVR? We are currently with RAMS and RESI and neither of those do.

Cheers,

Novo

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Novo

nearly all lenders lend up to 90 or 95%.

The risk fee you were asked to pay would be similar to LMI which most banks would charge you if you borrow over 80% LVR, so this is not too bad. The exit fees are fairly higher though.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.