All Topics / General Property / Landlord Insurance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of dismithdismith
    Participant
    @dismith

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right forum.

Have just settled a new IP today – yeeha!!!

It is a large house which has been converted into 2 x 2 bedroom units, both currently tenanted.

I want to take out landlords insurance covering the building, contents, loss of rent, malicious damage etc.

Does anybody have any experience with particular insurance companies, good and bad?

I am looking for some suggestions as the list of landlord insurers goes on and on.

Many thanks

Di

Profile photo of BlossBloss
    Participant
    @bloss

Di,

I have dealt with NRMA, who I found to be among the cheapest I could find (not necessarily the best product however). I also found the people I spoke to on the phone a bit dippy (you have to get them to explain everything very clearly).

I have recently changed over to Westpac (as part of a refinance deal) who seem really professional and easy to deal with (but by no means the cheapest)!! Just a word of warning – I had to take out two separate policies – one for Landlord’s cover and another separate policy for the house cover. Not sure if this was the best advice, but it seems to work for me!

Hope this helps.
    Bloss

Profile photo of DaviddanaeDaviddanae
    @daviddanae

I have been using Terri Scheer. I haven’t needed to make a claim so i can’t realy coment on their service.

David

Profile photo of BlossBloss
    Participant
    @bloss

There was a story on page 30 of today’s “Australian” about a new landlord’s insurance with ACE Insurance, part of the ACE Group of Companies. They reckon they’re very competitive.

I’ve never heard of them, and of course they make it sound wonderful – worth a phone call maybe??

Bloss

Profile photo of CallanderCallander
    Participant
    @callander

http://www.rentalprotectionplus.aon.com.au/

Have used and have a lot of owners use, never had any problems with claims.

Profile photo of dismithdismith
    Participant
    @dismith

Thanks everbody for your input, it gives me somewhere to start.

Cheers
    Di

Profile photo of KensingtonKensington
    @kensington

Hi Di,
    I have found Westpac insurance to be pretty good – and competively priced. I have a mortgage with them for one IP and another coming up as well so it seemed to be a cohesive arrangement for me. I looked at AAMI – they seemed to be pretty cheap and their replacement coverage appeared good. You can arrange it all on line as well – I prefer this rather than getting the drum from commissioned agents. but thats my choice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.