All Topics / Help Needed! / inspecting properties

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of suffragettesuffragette
    @suffragette

hi everyone
    i’m just starting to learn about property investing. i’m reading a few books and also planning to watch the masterpack, which i just bought this week. anyways, this is a really basic question, i was just wondering how do you know exactly what to look for when you’re inspecting a property? i have no experience whatsoever , and am worried that it all looks fine to me, but maybe not to an expert who can see all the cracks and problems (structurally etc). does anyone know of any books, courses which will help me to know what to look for when i’m inspecting a property ?

any advice is greatly appreciated! [biggrin]

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hi yessy. I imagine you will find all is revealed in your ‘masterpack’. If not you’ve done your dough! nearly any book on property, including Steves books deal with this, and if you have a look on this site back at some of the newsletters you will find the odd checklist for property inspections etc. there. Naturally, if getting serious, you would want a building inspection done before any offer you make goes unconditional. All the best too![strum]

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

a pest inspection would be good also

Profile photo of islandgirlislandgirl
    @islandgirl

Steve’s buyer beware pack is very good. It gives you a checklist of what to look for in the inspection stage as well as his other templates.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.