All Topics / Heads Up! / Women Investing in Property Group

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of fbd1fbd1
    @fbd1

Hi everyone,
    I have just come across this thread & I am saddened to see that there is so much bickering & judgement being passed around.

I feel saddened that Simon will not read the thread again nor contribute to this wonderful base of knowledge. Simon I have enjoyed your responses even though I don’t make reply posts.

Today, I felt it necessary to add my point of view.

Wendy I am sure that many women will be most grateful for the time & effort you have put forward to get people together (whether male or female) & contribute to the world of property investment. Good on you – Go the Girls!!! Boys – I am sure that you could get one of the ground as well if you really wanted to. But make sure I am invited!

I, myself would join in with any of the groups and make it worthwhile, be it women, men or both. Personally, I like men too…I think they have as much to contribute as women do, if not more in individual cases..

But now I want to share from a woman’s point of view something that happens quite regularly in the property investing world that I am in. This may be something that a womens group could discuss & discover ways to overcome. Women at a group would all be having a laugh at this (at mens expense of course). However it doesn’t fase me & I have a chuckle each time it happens.

1st of all, when I look at property with the intention of improvement I take my builder (Peter, who is male). It just happens that somehow most of the REAs talk to the builder about the property with all questions that should be asked of me the buyer…he simply responds “don’t look at me I’m just fixing it – she is the investor”…It is with much surprise that they turn around and the first thing they say is “Oh I’m so sorry”… Most people assume things or are judgemental about things probably with every good reason – it is mostly men that are in this field or have been up until now.

Peter & I now have a standard bet on what the next REA will do & who they will fire the questions at. Whoever gets it right gets to shout the next lunch. It is getting more difficult though as they already know me now…[happy3]

Anyway, I trust that the womens investing club will be a huge success…good on you for taking the time to organise it Wendy…Congratulations. [upsidedown]

Happy thoughts & sunshine to all…
    Cheers Dianne Burns

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

Hi all

Goody another interesting topic.

Of course I would like to add my 2c worth.
    I myself have been looking for other female investors to talk to, my friends do not invest etc as I do and they get bored with me talking about my projects.

Therefore I would think this is not an uncommon problem, and the group would also mean new friends as well as advise and ideas.

You cannot have the same conversations with Men as with another female.

well thats my 2c.[suave]

Good luck with the group I would come but I am in Perth.[thumbsupanim]

Celeste

Profile photo of HousemenderHousemender
    @housemender

Hi everyone

I would love to come along – is the event still tomorrow night – where is the event being held please??

Thanks[biggrin]

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Sometimes we look for reasons in our lives why something is not going as it should.

Instead of taking responsibility, we look to blame outside influences, our upbringing, our genders, our friends and families. (or Simon!) It’s much easier that way.

You cannot be successful in life if you keep holding onto those reasons.

Remember that every time you point a finger at someone, there are 3 fingers pointing back at you. All Simon did was spark an insecurity that some people feel about their own genders. It is this same insecurity that leads you to find “reasons” why something in your life cannot be successful.

Looking for groups of people who have the same reason for not succeeding will only make you hold onto those reasons even more.

Instead of seeking one-gender groups you should be letting go of the belief that your gender holds you back. There was one thread that mentioned that men hold all the wealth, maybe that’s because they don’t have an issue with their genders! Maybe we can all learn something here!!!

If you find it easier to have a conversation with a woman than a man, that prooves my point. It’s because you have chosen to belive that it is easier!

I will not attend women only groups because I don’t see a benefit of networking with people who have limiting beliefs. But I will network with empowered and switched on men and women, this is what helps me to get to where I want to go.

Like Simon, I don’t see a reason to visit this thread anymore. Good luck and I hope that at least some of you will choose to relate to people first and see genders as a secondary characteristic.
    We are all human after all [biggrin]

I promise you that if you “let go” of the insecurities and the reasons and the limiting beliefs, you can make as much money as any man can [biggrin]

Investment Property Management
    http://www.adprop.com.au

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.