Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Mikey PMikey P
    Participant
    @mikey-p

Hi
    Is anyone in the know about Adelaide??
    I’ve done a couple of trips there this year. We invested some long term cash into broad acre farm land on Kangaroo Island last year we paid $1000/acre for coastal frontage!!. It will sit there for at leat 10 more years before we sell.
    The city of Adelaide and surrounds seem good value as well. With the uranuim mining acclerating in SA maybe it would be worth some research. Any insider info would be great.
    Cheers
    Mikey

Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454

Electrolux closed, and as long as the auto makers keep talking about closures, I think Adelaide will be iffy.

It make not fit the facts but that I think is the perception outside Adelaide.

Profile photo of KnucklesKnuckles
    @knuckles

Hi All,

Adelaide is a great city and I would suggest our RE is the best value in the country. Not only is there a uranium boom but oxiana is building a new gold mine and roxby downs is having a huge expansion. The auto makers always seem to be on the brink of closing down here every few years I would suggest it is just a cycle and things will improve. It is my belief that Adelaide carries not a lot of risk as long as you carry out some due dilligence and by well.

Scott[biggrin]

Cheers

Scott

Profile photo of Mama2MiaMama2Mia
    Participant
    @mama2mia

We’re in Adelaide and we think Adelaide’s a fantastic place to invest……….trying not to be biased or anything but its funny, we’ve had a couple of ‘well known’ developers come down to Adelaide to talk about property and they’re views are that you pretty well can’t make money in real estate in Adelaide at the moment and the best place to invest at the moment and in future is QLD, partly due to population growth etc. The funny thing is, we are making good money in real estate here, our friends who use a wide range of strategies be it lease options, developing, renovations etc are also making good money!

So we all have our personal views on different things but i’d probably take advice from people who are currently making the good profits from real estate in Adelaide not just rely purely on rumours and personal opinion….just a small tip [exhappy].

At the end of the day, everyone has to do their own due dillegence and be comfortable with their decisions.

What strategy were you looking to use in the Adelaide market? If you’re actually from Adelaide you should come along to our real estate group meetings which is a fabulous place to network.

Kim

Kim Anand
    [email protected]

“Money Can’t Buy you Happiness but it Does Bring you a More Pleasant Form of Misery”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.