All Topics / General Property / Property In Poland

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of jmeeryjmeery
    @jmeery

Has anyone considered investing in Poland?

As I see it, Poland (like other new Euro countries) has a number of things going for it:

(1) The Euro coming in 2010 will push prices up – see the Irish miracle
    (2) A highly educated population currently earning money in Western Europe to return home around 2010
    (3) High yielding properties
    (4) Huge potential for capital gains as the gap between East and West shrinks thanks to the EU and its subsidies

The downside risk:

(1) Language barrier
    (2) Having to trust locals not to pull the wool over your eyes
    (3) Not knowing the localities as well as at home
    (4) Having to manage a property from overseas

Anyone have any experience doing this, or opinions? Any contacts in Poland would be helpful too :)

Profile photo of Opportunity In EverythingOpportunity In Everything
    @opportunity-in-everything

I’ve spent some time in Poland recently and consider myself a pretty adventurous investor. The growth you’re talking about and the opportunities for the same is pretty evident on the ground.

Poland is truly becoming a power house of the EU. As one of the many opportunities in the EU though Poland would surely have to be one of the tough ones. Wow! Good luck.

Opportunity in everythinng

Profile photo of ogilvyogilvy
    @ogilvy

Type: ‘poland population exodus’ into Google News search.

Some of the articles are a little disturbing relating to the massive loss of skilled workers to the UK. Just be aware. [buz2]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.