All Topics / General Property / $75K in five months

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of The ContrarianThe Contrarian
    @the-contrarian

Despite the negative market sentiment…
    How many people are still making money in today’s market?

I can report that I have made $75K in five months from 1 off-the-plan purchase… which might I add I’ve only paid $6K for so far. (That’s my idea of CF+) [strum]

I’m looking to do a couple of $100K flips in the next year.
    Am I the only one not really concerned about rising interest rates, flat mkts, oil prices, ageing populations – baby boomers, BRIC Emerging mkts (Brazil, Russia, India, China), Australian population of 26 million in 2026, having to pay tax on profits, etc….

Who else out there has done their research and still making money from property this year? (Please no posts on Perth – I’m sick of hearing about bloody Perth) [cigar]

If you don’t want to reveal online, please PM me,
    perhaps we can share trade secrets.

Cheers,
    Anthony.

“There is nothing scarier than ignorance in action”

Profile photo of reelygood1reelygood1
    Participant
    @reelygood1

Hi Tony,
    Okay let us know where you made the dosh??? No specifics, just the city, suburb, steet. I have just put a deposit on a 3 bed unit with 180 degree views of bay myself at Deception Bay for $360k, hoping to do the same within next 12 months.
    Don

djr

Profile photo of RikkyRikky
    @rikky

Just made 54K in five weeks bought a property for 75K done a reno on sold it for 153k .

We buy properties cash fast settlements no fees no fuss. contact me on 0408 355568
    [email protected]

Profile photo of casscocassco
    Participant
    @cassco

That sounds pretty good.I would love to hear the details of where you bought?

Profile photo of Opportunity In EverythingOpportunity In Everything
    @opportunity-in-everything

Deception Bay units at $360k. That makes me cringe.

Opportunity in everythinng

Profile photo of zen1zen1
    @zen1

I have never been to Queensland and don’t know how Deception bay is like. But according to the info, it’ 30 kms from Brisbane on a sheltered beach. You still can get a good 4×2 less than 10 years old for less than 300K.
    This kind of price is just non existence in Perth for the same quality house.
    Is Deception bay a good area and reasonable rental?

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation
    Originally posted by The Contrarian:
    I can report that I have made $75K in five months from 1 off-the-plan purchase… which might I add I’ve only paid $6K for so far.

What’s that old saying again? “…chickens… hatch… something?”

“There is nothing scarier than ignorance in action”
    Participant
    @reelygood1

Hi Zen1,
    The 360k unit is in the first high rise ever built in Deception Bay with 180 degree views of Moreton Bay on the water front, seems okay so far, have not seen contract with what inclusions are. $1000 deposit so far and refundable if i don’t go ahead with contract, suppose to start soon. The developer has proposed retail and picture theater in the next stage, similar units are selling for about 150k more 6klm away at Scarborough, anything with water views is a plus.
    Don

djr

Participant
    @reelygood1

Hi Zen1,
    The 360k unit is in the first high rise ever built in Deception Bay with 180 degree views of Moreton Bay on the water front, seems okay so far, have not seen contract with what inclusions are. $1000 deposit so far and refundable if i don’t go ahead with contract, suppose to start soon. The developer has proposed retail and picture theater in the next stage, similar units are selling for about 150k more 6klm away at Scarborough, anything with water views is a plus.
    Don

djr

Profile photo of Opportunity In EverythingOpportunity In Everything
    @opportunity-in-everything
    reelygood1 wrote:
    Hi Tony, Okay let us know where you made the dosh??? No specifics, just the city, suburb, steet. I have just put a deposit on a 3 bed unit with 180 degree views of bay myself at Deception Bay for $360k, hoping to do the same within next 12 months. Don djr

June 2007 – That worked out well did it?  I think not.  

Still have $360,000 to spend or is that invest?

Profile photo of ritchie77ritchie77
    Participant
    @ritchie77

So you mean this was a bad buy/area??
    I personally like the Redcliffe area and surrounds such as Rothwell and Narangba/Burp… Also D-Bay however the high-rise unit for this price is OTT – is that what you are getting at??
    So, there would be no equity in this 360k purchase now….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.