All Topics / Finance / Finance needed for Serviced Apartment

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of kpikpi
    @kpi

I am currently seeking finance for a serviced apartment in Perth. My bank will lend no more than 80%. I require 95% plus costs. Does anybody have any recommendations for where I can get finance for this type of deal? Help would be greatly appreciated…

Profile photo of DraconisVDraconisV
    Participant
    @draconisv

Hmm, have you tried looking at vendor financing, try the creative forums and the Investor HQ section on this website.
    They should give you some broad ideas about how to achieve finance.

Christopher.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

You might find getting more than 80% LVR on a serviced apartment difficult.

Without more information it is hard to provide a proper recommendation.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner.
    Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of MortgagemanMortgageman
    Participant
    @mortgageman

We deal with one lender who does serviced apartments to 95% provided the building is below 10 storeys and the apartment is greater than 50sqm. However the rates are around 9% so you would need to decide if this would be economical for you given the affect the rate would have on yield.

Regards,

Cameron Perry
    Director
    Perry Financial Strategies
    Level 13, 30 Collins St
    Melbourne VIC 3000
    Ph (03) 9662 1999
    Fax (03) 9662 2044

Profile photo of THEHEATHTHEHEATH
    Participant
    @theheath

Why are they so reluctant to lend for these type of apartments? Many of these type of places have rental guarantees and pay what I would consider to be above average rent so……?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

A couple of reasons why the banks don’t lend to the same level on such apartments.

1) Rental Guarantee – most of these are given by $2 shelf companies and carry very little weight. If the Guarantor is unable to rent the property himself then there is little to stop them going in to bankrupcy and the Gurantee is a worthless piece of security.

2) On repossession there is minited demand in resale for such a property and therefore the Banks who are not collectors of real estate reduce the exposure level to which they lend.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner.
    Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

CBA have told me they do resort apartments to 95% + LMI call them.

Liz

Mortgage Lender
    The opinions expressed in this public forum should not be construed as professional advice of any nature.
    1300 780 826

Profile photo of smoothsatinsmoothsatin
    @smoothsatin

Hi,
    Have you read my thread called “hotel rooms”? I discuss some issues about these apartments there.

In terms of finance, depending on how much the 15% is in $ terms, consider a new credit card. Provded your cacpacity to service is ok, you should be able to get 10-? k limit, simply cash advance the amount required and rollover the debt amount to another card operater every six month to take advantage of the low intro rates that just about every institution offers. I did the same when starting out with shares a few years back, i recall paying 4-6 % for a few years on the balance with various institutions. Not only is there potential for lower lending rates, you also get the cash very quickly.

Good luck with it

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.