All Topics / Creative Investing / Passive income apart from property?

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Profile photo of mtajimmtajim
    @mtajim

You can invest in Mutual Funds if you have a low risk appetite. But i would say that property investment is a good idea It gives huge returns

Profile photo of RobLRobL
    @robl

Hey there ..

for what it is worth .. and I am sure many of the informed folk here have given their 2 bobs worth – and it is all worth a listen to … and the wise will have said something like 'there be lots of stuff out there – what be relevant and comfortable to you, be most important" and they'd be right.

I caught up with my bro, for the first time in 20 years just this week.  A long story .. bt my story .. so with otu the detail – I can say I had always wondered how he had fared … what he be doing … if (aside from bein alive) .. he was happy.

Now (don't ask me to explain it all .. I can't) .. he be 42 years old .. about 10 years ago he got caught up in some internet scam (at that time) .. and it didn't look that flash for his (now one could say modest) investment … the scam went belly up – BUT .. little bro being the guy he is disected the thing and decided there was a very good idea – though very poorly executed (a bit like iraq without the carnage).

At the very same time he realised he lost his dough – he also got 'restructured'. 

With his payout, he decided to 'pay' himself his normal wage (after tax) from his redundancy over 6 months – and see if he could take what he felt was right and build a business.

Its just on 10 years now .. he tapped into something not available (and I guess still not available – or not managed and structured well) in Australia .. a niche.

At 42 he works about 6 hours a week – from anywhere on his laptop.  He has a 'presence' in 6 different countries.  He and his lovely finnish wife and kids spend most of their time seeing Australia in a four wheel thing he has that has been so modified its in some mag in the next few months.

Ironically, he calls his business 'digital real estate'.  It works well for him, and I'm so happy that it does.

But it does show there are a lot of alternatives – or complimentary – options.

An individual thing – a lot of guts, belief – sometimes luck – and, in his case, absolute integrity in dealin with his clent base.

As his bro – muckin about with the property approach (which I'm happy with – and very much so) .. you'll find none prouder.

For what its worth :-)

R

Profile photo of justin71justin71
    @justin71

Hi Rob

So spill the beans, what does he do online?

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Looks like the beans were not spilled. So you will have to find your own bean pusher.But in the meen time here are a couple of links that i found .( should of bought the Aussie dollar)

http://www.passiverealestateincome.com/
    http://www.ozforex.com.au/http://entrepreneurs.about.com/od/gettingstarted/a/passiveincome.htm

Dom

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.