All Topics / Creative Investing / Passive income apart from property?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Profile photo of Nathan BirchNathan Birch
    Participant
    @nathan-birch
    Profile photo of RentMasterRentMaster
    @rentmaster

– Create a really good web site and then sell advertising space on it.

– Invent something and get a marketing person to sell it for you.

– Create something which can be downloaded from a web site, and charge per download.

Andrew
    http://www.rentmaster.co.nz – Property Management Software
    http://www.RentalAnalyst.com – Property Analysis Software

Profile photo of summerskysummersky
    @summersky

Hey this thread is full of bright sparks and comedians! (What was the question again?)
    Oh yes… a ‘friend’ of mine borrowed money from the bank …..at variable rates, ……and bought shares in an unlisted trust that pays 13 %income .
    They pay back the banks interest owing each month, and pocket the profit. All that had to be done, is to pay tax on that profit margin at tax time.
    This is a higher risk strategy though… that you may lose some or all of the original capital. But in this case, not only is this ‘friend’ recieving an income stream, but the trust units have recently been revalued at 20% more than they paid for them a few yrs ago. Liquidity is obviously not as good as a listed company, but a few folk have wanted to get out, and others buy in, and theres been no problem. And its not sex toys, drugs or other dodgy stuff![lmao]

And re pubs… I agree… that we DO lose money on! Steer clear. [glum2]

Profile photo of richard_taylorrichard_taylor
    @richard_taylor

Hi Dom,

It seems you don’t have many constructive replies here. My business is to put people in touch with people who can provide solutions and vice versa.

There are many other ways to create passive cash flow, some more creative then others.

I would be happy to have a chat with you and see what could work for you depending on the end result you are chasing. Where are you based?

Kind regards,

Richard Taylor
    0404 963 303

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Please note that I have no relationship with the author of the last post and his views bear no resemblence to mine. I have never met him and the fact that we both have the same name is pure coincidence.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

would the real Richard Taylor please stand up?

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Marc standing now.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of blueicecoblueiceco
    Participant
    @blueiceco

Personally I like the whole Find a Niche Market in need of a specific consumming product, and make it!

there are still a few in Aus I’m sure… Most people get ideas to cover the entirety, IE start and ISP, sell some stuff on ebay (not viable unless its imported goods at a damn good price), ETC…

but niche markets are cash bags waiting… Although I guess thats not really passive unles you get it to a stage where you can employ a trustworth manager of some sort, and step back…

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious
    Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

This is one I have seen in real life
    Create a childrens show with music and dancing and create a video and sell it to the ABC as well as to the public. Then francise the show to other countries. Collect Royalities as long as new children are born who haven’t seen the DVD and their parents buy it.

or
    Buy shares and then sell the right for someone else to buy them.
    Sell covered call options. If share goes up in value you may have to sell it at a profit. and keep premium. If it doesn’t go up you keep the call premium.

Comments are of a general nature and may not be relevant to your individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

@salacious

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for helping to find ways of passive incomes. But i thought i might throw other question to you . I would like to start my own business and have been procrastinating over a year where to begin i have narrowed it down to three types of business that bests suit me.
    In no particular order i like all of these types of business , Manufacturing ,Technology , and real estate.
    Has anyone had or have experience in these fields. And what to expect.

Dom [biggrin]

Profile photo of Love my carLove my car
    @love-my-car

Shouldnt the question be aimed at yourself, (Rhetorically) What knowledge, experience do you have of those 3? I love cars but I dont know anything about the car business.

Go work with someone who owns these business, make your mistakes in someone elses business, then when you are prepared to bet your life on it, jump into business then.

Profile photo of paulmeesepaulmeese
    @paulmeese

Hi Guys

To all of you who are serious about creating wealth you would know that property is great for long term wealth creation but you also need to look at ways to generate monthly cash flow.

I utilise the share market , you can generate on average 2-3% per month writing calls against shares you own or you could look at trading CFD’s where it is feasable to make 50% a month on your money, i appreciate there will be many who beleive this to be very risky,all i say to you is knowledge is power and you would be amazed at the ways you can make money in todays world.

Educating yourself is the best advice i can give you

If you would like some more info drop me a line i’m happy to pass on websites etc for you to look at

cheers

paul

Paul Meese
    Onyx Finance
    [email protected]
    0412 850 820

@salacious

Hell paulmeese,

Why don’t you put some of your web site links here so everyone can benefit from them.

Dom [biggrin]

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

Writing covered calls always seemed a contradiction to me as writing the call assumes the market wont rise, yet owning the share assumes the market will rise. Why would you have capital in a market that you assume wont rise?

Mathew
    http://www.arrttt.com
    Custom Oil Portraits

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter
    Originally posted by mathewc73:

Writing covered calls always seemed a contradiction to me as writing the call assumes the market wont rise, yet owning the share assumes the market will rise. Why would you have capital in a market that you assume wont rise?

Mathew
    http://www.arrttt.com
    Custom Oil Portraits

Yield….

Just like many of the positive cashflow investors here.

In fact I have discovered that yield is a better way to build wealth than simple growth. Better for me that is – I know we all have different ideas on strategies [biggrin]

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of peterurqpeterurq
    @peterurq

The one area I see as huge growth and potential and that some people are making a lot of money from is the internet!

We are in the information age!

This is a real gold mine.

Strategies can vary from interent marketing, to adervtising, to controlling traffic and sales.

This is a passive income opportunity not to be missed.

Cheers
    Peter

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

marry Paris Hilton or James Packer

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

“we get sent lemons; it’s up to us to make lemonade”

Profile photo of JFisherJFisher
    @jfisher
    Originally posted by L.A Aussie:

marry Paris Hilton or James Packer

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

“we get sent lemons; it’s up to us to make lemonade”

….without the (obligatory) pre-nup agreement….easy street!

Profile photo of Colin GowanColin Gowan
    Participant
    @colin-gowan

OK folks I am looking for an extra income stream.
    Anyone who has one that actually works please let me know about it.
    No doubt I will be inundated and will have to sift through many.
    In about a month I will get back with the ones I have tried and those that actually worked.
    [email protected]

Your friend Colin,
    Email [email protected]
    Mobile 0425201055
    Skype Colin Gowan

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.