All Topics / Creative Investing / Passive income apart from property?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

I would like to buy large quantaties of legal stuff and onsell for a profit.
    But ether way if someone new the answer to this question we would all be wealthy people.

Dom [biggrin]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter
    Originally posted by salacious:

I would like to buy large quantaties of legal stuff and onsell for a profit.
    But ether way if someone new the answer to this question we would all be wealthy people.

Dom [biggrin]

Import stuff from China and sell it on eBay. Thousands of people do it.

My daughters and I did it for an experiment and bought $600 worth of products. Each item cost $4 delivered to us. eBay was getting us anywhere between $15 and $55 per unit plus $6 postage. Another item cost us $1 landed and we were selling them for $10 flat on ebay. running the same ad over and over was very little work – less than a minute saw another 10 ads up and running using turbo lister.

Was a great experiment to show my 12 year old that the world is full of money and you just have to make an effort to see some start flowing your way!

If you think that lots of people are poor and money is hard to get and should be hoarded then guess what – it will be hard to get.

Wish my parents had taught me that one when I was a kid!

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Simon,

thats a great way to make an income ,mayby you should give up mortgage broking and look at importing.

Dom [biggrin]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw
    Originally posted by islandgirl:

Put an add in the paper “Send $10 to PO box XXX and I’ll post you details of how to make thousands of dollars” When they post you the $10 send them a letter saying “get a PO box, put an add in the paper when says send $10 etc etc etc”[biggrin]

Or put an ad in the paper for some sort of deviate sexual products, collect the cheques when they come in, and then write back to the client with a cheques saying sorry we cannot provide those products as it is against the law in your state and return their money with a cheque from “Kinky Sex Productions pty ltd” or similar.

Most people would be too embarrised to deposit the cheque, and you get to keep you money.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

@salacious

Now where should i write my 300th post

Dom [biggrin]

@salacious

How did you know i had some deviate sexual products?
    Anyway its like owning a pub you will go broke.

Dom

[biggrin]

@salacious

Here are a few i have found that probably all buisness related.

* An insurance agent who gets commission every year when a customer renews his policy
    * A network marketing or direct sales rep’s income from her direct customers when they reorder product every month
    * An aerobics instructor who produces a video and sells it at the gyms where she teaches
    * A marketing consultant who creates a workbook and sells it in e-book format on the Internet
    * A photographer who makes his photos available through a stock photography clearinghouse and gets paid a royalty whenever someone buys one of his images
    * A restaurant or retail owner who has grown to the point of hiring a trustworthy manager

Definition of passive residual income:

The definition of traditional passive income is “Income
    generated with minimal work from your investments such as
    interest, dividends, or real estate rentals.” However in
    this article we are discussing creating a passive income
    online. Investment of time and money is initially required
    to build a passive income online, then possibly minimal
    work thereafter.

Dom [biggrin]

Profile photo of RavtownRavtown
    @ravtown

Hi Dom,

I saw an add recently for taxi licences. The way I understood it, you buy the licence and lease it to someone else. Price was something like $380 000 returning $1000 per week total for 3 licences (from memory, roughly)

Can’t imagine there would be much management/time committment involved in that.

cheers

Rav

@salacious

Hi Rav
    One of my work friend bought a taxi licence for $280,000 about 8 months ago and it has risen to about $360,000. Not Bad!

Dom

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Be a U.S congressman. 2.5 days per week, no work actually done, earn $165k per year. That’s fairly passive.
    Marc in L.A

Profile photo of RavtownRavtown
    @ravtown

Wow, Would never have expected a taxi licence to have such good capital gain. food for thought. I guess the LVR is pretty stiff for such things though

Rav

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Rav

Probably get max of 70% LVR on a Taxi License.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

Dividens in shares can be a passive form of income.

http://www.brisimports.com
    email/ [email protected]

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

buy a currency pair which pays 6% interest, then leverage it 50x with margin

http://www.posigear.8k.com
    Positive Geared Share Investing

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing
    Originally posted by crashy:

buy a currency pair which pays 6% interest, then leverage it 50x with margin

Huh ?

What dat ?

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Online Positive Cashflow and Renovating Calculators

Participant
    @crashy

Ive explained this before in other threads.

You buy a currency pair with a high income and low interest payments….

eg:

AUD rate = 6.25%
    JPY rate = 0%

borrow JPY & buy AUD with it = 6.25% profit
    on 2% margin you can leverage it 50x

= 312% p.a

you are effectively borrowing Japanese funds @ 0% interest, and investing the funds in Australia @ 6.25%

ka-ching

Profile photo of elkamelkam
    @elkam

Hello crashy

Using the principle that there are no stupid questions I am going to ask one. [blush2]

Understood your example except the bit that says

“on 2% margin you can leverage it 50x”

Can you please explain that statement in terms that a 10 year old will understand.

No I’m not 10 but my level of knowledege in this area is. [hair2]

Thanks

Elka

Profile photo of ttmanttman
    @ttman

sell lots of property books, cd and tapes or run property seminars like Steve, 200 people at $500 a pop, 10g a weekend and claim not doing it for the money !

Profile photo of ctaingctaing
    Participant
    @ctaing

Isn’t that so true, ttman.

I’ve got to pick and choose which one I’d go; some are just full of spins. I’d like to add that one needs to ask if:-

* there is a conflict of interest in what they are offering,
    * do they empower you to invest and create wealth; or merely preying on your lack of “sophistication”.

Been to a boutique investment company lately, anyone? From the outset, it looked very impressive by using ASX educator and fed information that it was virtually fail safe.

Before end of seminar, people have jumped in and proudly shaking hands, waiting to make profits by signing over their monies and getting a password for the gateway to trade warrants etc..

Thanks for sharing the free information and nibblies, it was even made clear that the director was not in the business to make money – but to serve investors. [puke]

There are more and more of investment companies entering the market place to get a slice of action with vast amount Super monies being their carrots.

Hint – their office is in Toorak, I’d run miles from them!!!!

CT

Participant
    @crashy

when you trade foreign exchange, you are basicly margin lending, like shares. Or you could think of it as 98% LVR.

2% margin means if you do a $100,000 trade, the capital required is $2,000 (2k x 50 = 100k)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.