All Topics / Finance / 50g to invest, in what?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of UnknownSoldierUnknownSoldier
    @unknownsoldier

hi ppl just after some advice
    a family friend has a redundancy payout thats sitting around doing nothing, she wants to invest… shes fairly set on just putting it into a fixed term deposit for 5years or so, which should make about 15g @ about 6% rate or so, obviously the security of this is a huge drawcard to her but could you do better with insignificant risk or is this the best direction ?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

It is a an offence to provide financial advise unless you are a licenced financial planner so i don’t believe you will get many responses.

In saying that even as a FP I would be reticent to offer her any suggestions without completing a Full Client Data Fact Find.

Where is she based?

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    100% Finance on selected properties in the USA.
    Email us to be added to our mailing list.
    [email protected]
    Ph: 07-3720 1888

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of asdfasdf
    Participant
    @asdf

Headline inflation is running close to 4% pa now but in reality its something like 10% when you add other cost of living items like rent and mortgage payments which Bureau of Stats refuse to include to keep inflation artificially low. So your real return is actually negative IMO. But still better than sticking it under your pillow.

Domestic and offshore financial markets are so whippy at the moment with no clear direction and resi IPs aren’t excatly booming either.

So my advice and would love ASIC to pick me up for this is to take a round the world holiday and live a little!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.