All Topics / General Property / Tell me what you know about bundaberg, qld

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of bomandlouisabomandlouisa
    Participant
    @bomandlouisa

Hi
    Im giving investing a break to buy some land in qld for myself. I have been doing lots of research on places in qld but being from WA its a bit hard.

At the moment Im looking in the bundaberg region. So far Ive only found good toristy stuff about it…but I wondering if there is anything bad I should know about it?[hmmm]

Im looking to buy from a better lifestyle point of view…not really investing point of veiw so not really concerned with capital growth or things like that.

Any help or comments will be greatly appriciated![blush2]

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

It’s my favorite town in Australia so far, friendly open easy going laid back and down to earth people not stuck up, they say G’day to you in the street and will have a conversation with you. First experience of Bundaberg was in 2002 when stayed for a holiday for two weeks and loved the town like the feel of the town.

Then drove back up their and stayed for 12 months gone from their now but will go back again.

I think Bundy is a mix of creative blend of people because it’s touristy town their are backpackers coming and going all the time. The bad is the river isn’t very clean but Barbara is only 15 minutes to the nice beach coast and is the go to go to the beach. I seen Dolphins in the river and was told that their are sharks in the river so I didn’t swim in their again.

The main street is very nice and appealing because of the palms and the street layout it’s quiet charming. I think if you looking for land for your lifestyle forget weather it’s north or west, east, south but out the way where the new big shopping complex was built in recent years is good. Or if you want land where it runs out along the river into the winding hills where you could later build a house you will get a double whammy because you have the lifestyle of semi country couple kays to town and the shopping complex on the way in and Capital gain. As anything near water goes up well and that’s also where I seen a few land blocks being sold and building out that way.

The agent at coralrealty accross the road from the swimming pool was the best I found for practical knowledge about where to buy land and build he was doing his own investments and building himself and was right up with the pulse of where to build and what and how he was making money. I you don’t want to invest for money but hey you might as well try for both if you gunna live their anyway. He was actaully talking about the little town out the road on the coast then called (forget the name) not Bargara.

What made you think Bundaberg before you even been thier since your all the way over in Perth?

Oh, and when you get thier if you do you will meet this guy in the street his name is “Wesley”. Everybody knows Wesley.

Oh, and when your thier go and see the turtles come into the beach at night it is the most lovelyest of experiences you can ever do!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.