All Topics / Help Needed! / Which way to go?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of indigo.spiritindigo.spirit
    @indigo.spirit

Hi

We’ve finally sold the investment property that we built over two years ago – and now have the $ to do something. We have a LOC set up and ready to go.

Seems like all the positive cashflow property has disappeared, and you now need to get ‘creative’ to make it work. Have looked all over Aus. (well, kinda :) Can’t say it hasn’t been interesting! I now know more about mining towns, population predictions and little one horse towns than you can poke a stick at. By the way, the cutest little one-bedroom house in all of Australia is to be found in Irvinebank QLD [biggrin] for $120K. I feel like buying it, and renting it out to hobbits.)

Well, having a small baby and a preschooler – I am not free to fly all over the country and fix up houses and stuff like that.

I’m tossing up whether to buy crappy houses/units around here where I live (Sydney – central coast) – and do them up for quick sale, or buy units anywhere around Australia, as long-term investments.

My partner is a registered builder/renovator/draftsperson – so I can put him to work on a project [thumbsupanim] – although he doesn’t have a lot of spare time either.

Has anyone else come to this point, and which way did you go?

thanks for any replies :)

Profile photo of nordicskiernordicskier
    @nordicskier

Make offers that are cash flow neutral. There might be a desparate owner in amongst all those properties. Remember, if you can show the colour of the gold, someone will go the grab and the agents will start working for you and not the vendor. They are just after a sale, price reductions, I reckon, have little effect on their payment. But what would I know, I just keep buying +ve where I can find ’em.[strum]

Profile photo of indigo.spiritindigo.spirit
    @indigo.spirit

Thanks, Nordicskier :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.