All Topics / Help Needed! / what is the cheapest way to sell property?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of freeman cooperfreeman cooper
    @freeman-cooper

Hi Guys,
    I have a small warehouse with office in Campbellfield Vic.
    It is valued at $40,000, I am looking to sell and rent back or vacate.
    I have been quoted by real estate agents at least $3000 to sell.
    This is nearly 8%.
    There must be a cheaper way.
    It is the first property I am selling.
    Any pearls of wisdom would be appreciated.
    Regards
    Frank

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

The cheapest way to sell is the way that gets you the best price in the timeframe you need.

You can sell yourself for no fee and advertising costs. You may sell it immediately or it may spend ages with a sign out the front.

For the 8% the agent may well get you a price from his clients that you may not get on your own.

What rent will you expect to pay for the place if sold? What is the land content. What else is on the market in the area?

$40K does seem a cheap property but if the rent is low and rates are high it may be a terrible investment to make.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of freeman cooperfreeman cooper
    @freeman-cooper

Hi Simon,
    Thanks for your coment.
    Rates are $134 a year, there are a heap of others the same as mine renting between $60 and $90 per week.
    I have a vending business and it is perfect, I just can’t borrow against it.
    The land is 33sq mt, it is two story concrete slab construction.
    Regards
    Frank

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi freeman cooper
    put a very simple add saying 10% return at 45k negotable.
    in a melbourne main news paper
    and ask jaffasoft.com to do you a free web site and sell for 42k if sold thru the site and give jaffasoft the other 2k and he will link it to a couple of real estate web sites and you will sell it.
    my .002

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]
    currently looking for up front money at 15% p/a pm me if you wish

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

Hi

I thought I could sell on my own, didn’t happen. I had it advertised at 225000.00
    I signed up with Squires she put the price up by 7 grand 233000 and one week later had me 2 offers one at 233000 and one at 240000 = 20 grand higher than I was ready to settle for. the squires charged me 9600.00 and no advertising all inclusive, I am still 10 grand in front. though this was in Perths hot market

Still if you wish to do it yourself you can put an ad on Domain with 5 photos for $295.00 for 30 days and put a sign up out the front $200 and a small ad in the paper $40 directing them to domain to have alook.
    All the books I have read re selling your self suggest this is all you need, but the sign outside is vital. I was in a hurry (I had got excited and over extended my self needed a quick sale. I know big no no)
    I will use squires again to sell not buy.[blush2]

Celeste

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.