All Topics / Help Needed! / How Do You Hide a Powerstation??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Rookie DeveloperRookie Developer
    @rookie-developer

Please help!!!

I just noticed in the auction results this morning that a house we looked at with a power station over the rear fence was passed in very low on a vendor bid.

We were not initially interested as the expected price was too high, but their VB was about 50k less that expected price. I think we now have a motivated vendor, who would be very scared about their prospects.

The house seems quite good & will come up a treat with a pretty minor reno.

Other possible concerns are most of the back yard is taken up by a big inground pool (further reduce target market) & close to noisy & very busy main road.

However it seems possible to be able to buy this at a very reduced price, but we need to solve a problem first

what can we do to ‘hide’ the powerstation at the back?????

I don’t think we can build a fence high enough, & trees do take a while to grow. we were looking to buy/reno/sell

any ideas from ‘problem solver’ gurus???

TroynBec

You can have more than you’ve got because you can become more than you are

[email protected]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

What about some ‘latice works’ (not sure on spelling) ontop of the fence, and then put in some climber type plants like ivy? This may be a quick solution, and then also plant some fast growing trees there as well.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of mensforthmensforth
    @mensforth

Hi guys!

Not sure what you think about an enclosed entertaining/BBQ area at the rear to detract from the monstrosity.

An idea is
    http://www.homesite.com.au/outdoors/fences-and-walls/lattice/lattice/lattice-screens#

Cheers
    Anka

Profile photo of fernfurnfernfurn
    @fernfurn

A big outdoor shade “sail” strategically placed with lots of tall pots and fast growing trees like boobiella(?) around would give prospective purchasers and idea of how it could look once trees have grown

Fern

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Also read the article in this months API magazine about “secondary market properties” (page 50).

It doesn’t answer your question but it’s food for though on resale prospects.

Good Luck
    PK

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

hi all

Can you include a photo and an approxiamate height of yhe power station & distance from the rear of the house

Celeste[biggrin]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.