All Topics / General Property / Property in top school zone is profitable

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of tomtkbtomtkb
    @tomtkb

Hi
    I noticed that property in the top school zone is of high value and in good demand.

Investing in a property there seem like won’t go wrong!

E.g. top schools are mostly located in Balwyn, Camberwell,Kew zone in Melbourne.

Care to comment?

Profile photo of WylieWylie
    @wylie

I think the suburbs surrounding the top schools in any city hold their value very well. It is certainly the case in Brisbane.

Wylie

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

It works in Perth too – more prevalent for public schools as there are boundaries in place.

Private schools are not as confined from a drawing in perspective.

Derek
    [email protected]
    The Investors Club http://www.monopoly.tic.com.au
    0409 882 958
    Skype – derekjones2113

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

In NSW Primary and High Schools have Zones. If you live in the zone then they must take your childeren. If you live out of zone you can try for a vacant slot.

Sought after schools tend to be in areas where property holds value well. I would certainly check out the local school if buying 3-4 bedroom family homes.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Scarecrow7Scarecrow7
    @scarecrow7

it may be coincidental however in Melbourne many of these premier schools both public and private are situated in the leafy eastern suburbs…and is now published these areas appreciated by up to 30% plus in the last 12 months.

The slight risk with this amenity is if a school’s reputation and performance deteriorated.

having said that i personally bought into hawthorn recently.

Scarecrow7
    “In times of crisis, both danger and opportunity are present”

Profile photo of tony wpbtony wpb
    @tony-wpb

This is the case across Australia, it will only increase as it becomes more difficult to get places in schools. Even in outer suburbs close proximity to private or high performong public schools acheives a premium.

In Asia it is considered an exclusive education to attend an Aussie school . I must have missed those highlights.[blink]

Wholesale Property Brokers
    http://www.wpb.com.au
    Australia*Hong Kong*Singapore*India*Malaysia

Profile photo of KuadeKuade
    @kuade

What’s the best way to find the more popular schools? Would the education dept for the state in question have something on their website?

Thanks.

Profile photo of salsachinitasalsachinita
    @salsachinita

Not sure about other states, but in Melbourne you can purchase some kind of “Good School Guide” (similar to “Good Food Guide” [happy3]) from Newsagency or bookshops…….

Profile photo of asdfasdf
    Participant
    @asdf

For you Perthites, what do you think of Guildford Grammar? Heard its one of the most exclusive provate schools over there. But not many people live in good ole Guildford do they? A lot older homes and yeah theres the airport just South of Guildford. Is the airport noise actually that bad?

Profile photo of tomtkbtomtkb
    @tomtkb

Hi
    has been long time I have not login but looks like school is indeed an important point to pick the right property. Another to be aware of private schools are not governed by the school zone, only the public school.
    Then of course with the price of petrol going up, it would be good to minimise traveling distance.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.