All Topics / Finance / Borrowing more than 100% LVR

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of King of the CastleKing of the Castle
    @king-of-the-castle

I am looking into starting a property holdings company without having any equity.
    Does anybody know what my options are for covering costs associated with the set up, (stamp duty, legal, etc)? Do lenders ever provide more than 100% LVR without any other security other than the potential for future capital gains?
    Would I be better off applying for a separate commercial loan to cover the additional costs?
    Would I need someone with equity to go guarantor for me to borrow additional funds over and above valus of the properties?[king]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

There are a couple of lenders who will advance more than the purchase price of the property but this is normally limited to an owner occupied property only.

For an investment property you will be limited to the purchase price and be required to come up with the acquisition costs yourself.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    100% Finance on selected properties in the USA.
    Email us to be added to our mailing list.
    [email protected]
    Ph: 07-3720 1888

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Josh-PrestigeloansJosh-Prestigeloans
    @josh-prestigeloans

I usually go through Carrington National for my 105 deals. They both encumber Investments and Owner occupiers. However, they are strict on where they lend, in other words, postcode restricted. Ask your broker to research this option for you.

*EDIT* sorry thought you talking about residential properties. please disregard.

Regards

Joshua McEwen
    Finance Broker – WA

http://www.prestigeloans.com.au

Brokers Lic 1297
    Licensee Brett Christie

Profile photo of King of the CastleKing of the Castle
    @king-of-the-castle

Thanks Richard,
    I guess the best thing for me to do is to start small by saving enough to cover the costs of purchasing one or two ip’s rather than borrowing more than the value of the properties to cover these costs.
    It’s just frustrating having to wait on the sideline while I save a few thousand to cover stamp duty. Such is life.
    Cheers.
    [king]

Profile photo of King of the CastleKing of the Castle
    @king-of-the-castle

Thanks Josh, I will definately look into it.
    Cheers.
    [king]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.