All Topics / Creative Investing / Digging deep to find the riches

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of TarantulaTarantula
    @tarantula

Hello

First time I have posted anything so hit me with your wealth of knowledge guys and girls.

I am looking at getting onto the property ladder for investment purposes and have been looking around the Queensland area to do so. After applying the 11 second rule as of yet have not been to successful in finding any potentials as they all fall short of the mark. To be honest I did find one but the property was in the process of being sold (You snooze you lose)

I am thinking that a good place to start would be in a mining area as the industry is booming and I believe will continue to do so what with the need for commodities etc (China keep those requests coming) If you have any idea of good areas to look at and resourcing publications etc then please shed some light on the matter for me as it is kind of dark down here.

By the way I am a English Pom who only recently moved to Australia. I have a flat in London with equity but I believe cannot be used towards any investment? My fiancee who is an Aussie has over $200000 equity in her property in Lismore. Initially we will have to invest in her name as I am only currently a temp resident until my perm residency comes through.

Cheers

Tarantula

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Tarantula

Firstly welcome to the forum. Like you i am a fellow Pom who saw the light some years before and made the move to sunny Qld.

In my opinion anything decent in regional Qld gets snapped up very quickly and whilst i agree that the commodities boom will last for a while longer it is being in the right place at the right time.

Have you considered using a Buyers Agent such http://www.wefindhouses.com.au. Paul and Julie are great to work with and certainly do a good job for their clients. Have the edge over a feelow investor or indeed having more resources to hand can often be the difference between securing a good deal and not.

Also rather than buy solely in your fiancee’s name it might be worth exploring the option of using a Trust where the asset can be protected and the income passed through to the beneficiaries dependant on the tax bracket.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    100% Finance on selected properties in the USA.
    Email us to be added to our mailing list.
    [email protected]
    Ph: 07-3720 1888

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of TarantulaTarantula
    @tarantula

Thanks for the reply mate

Not thought about that avenue but will look into it and thanks for the tip. Regarding the Trust option this is also a great idea and I will check out my options.

It is rather obvious that I am new to this but I will keep plugging away and try to increase my knowledge.

Looking forward to the Ashes

Cheers

Tarantula

Participant
    @qlds007

Tickets to the first 3 days of the Melbourne Test so can’t wait.

Will miss Brisbane as it is too early for my liking.

I can feel another England whitewash on the way.

If you need any email us.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]

Profile photo of islandgirlislandgirl
    @islandgirl

If you are after mining information I suggest you get the free newsletter from http://www.miningnews.net . You can also research any previous stories and areas which is helpful.

I would probably keep clear of places like Emerald and Moranbah. They are already overpriced. Mt Isa and Cloncurry look good but you have to do your research about good and bad areas, particularly in Mt Isa. A good property agent is essential.

Good luck

@tarantula

Cheers Richard

Will be moving to Sydney in November to find a career job in either Stock Broking or some form of business sales. Will be looking forward to the banter re the Ashes to help me through the dark days of commencing work.

Thanks for the help mate.

Tarantula (AKA Graham)

@tarantula

Cheers Island Girl

Will take at peek at the proposed areas.

Have a Good One

Tarantula

Participant
    @qlds007

Graham

Who were you with in the UK.

I spent 9 years as a derivates trader with Chase so stockbroking is home.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.