All Topics / Help Needed! / First Hurdles…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of kiwinozkiwinoz
    @kiwinoz

Hi everyone

I’ve recently decided that I want to start Property Investing. Having not even made my first purchase, I’m facing my first hurdle – overcoming fear and believing in my ability to create the life I want.

I know the road ahead will get bumpy at times, and it could be beneficial to have someone to keep me focused on my goals and offer advice.

Does anyone know a mentor or life coach they could recommend that also has some experience in property investing?

Profile photo of sam2009856sam2009856
    @sam2009856

Hi There

Which state do you live in????

You need to start reading lots of books and attending seminars.. surf the net for some good sites that give you statistic information.

Start learning about the economy and how changes to consumer spending/debt, mining, population ect can affect investments. And be aware that things move in cycles.

Go to home opens and see whats going on in the market.

My favourite author which I go on and on about is Robert Kiyosaki

Also, this site is fantastic, I have only just found it myself.

Dont jump out there, build your knowledge, it takes lots of time.

Good luck

Profile photo of sP00dLesP00dLe
    @sp00dle

Dear Kiwinoz

I recommend the books “You were born rich” by Bob Proctor and “Think and Grow Rich” by Napolean Hill.

Although these books sound like they are just into physical wealth creation they are actually powerful material for building your mind up, understanding what your mind can do and breaking through and over hurdles and fear.

Good luck!

Profile photo of DraconisVDraconisV
    Participant
    @draconisv

Yes Kiwi tell us about yourself. We need to get to know everyone here, it will help us to help you. Everyone wins:).

Christopher.

Profile photo of kiwinozkiwinoz
    @kiwinoz

Thanks Spoodle and Queengucci.

I’m already soaking up loads of information, and realise it will take a lot of time to build up my knowledge base. I just need to be patient, cant learn everything in one day!

Spoodle, i’ll check out those books for sure, thanks for the recommendation. I’ll let you know what I think when I’m finished [thumbsupanim]

Profile photo of sam2009856sam2009856
    @sam2009856

The books that really changed me were “Rich Dad Poor Dad” and then you will want to read the rest he has written. God, anyone would think i was earning profit from his book sales lol

Craig Turnball is a great OZ based mentor

http://www.iaspire.com.au

He has club nights all over the country and some great mentoring programs.

Profile photo of Simon CSimon C
    Participant
    @simon-c

Hi Kiwinoz

While this is his site and I am not plugging the books because I am not this site :) I read both the Steve McKnights books and found them credible, easy to read and understand and there in some inspirational stories in the second book.

What they did for me is turn my thought process around, as I though negative gearing was the only way to make money out of property. What a fool :) They also tought me investing protocols, tools to overcome negative feelings, how to write an investment plan, investment strategies, reading the market conditions, and how to target success.

Good luck with you journey. I am nearly three years into mine and getting closer to financial independence and full time property investing which is my goal.

Cheers
    Simon C

Profile photo of kerribhkerribh
    @kerribh

I ‘ve read the books mentioned and found them great but in answer to your fears I would also recommend another two books! (hope u like reading, although these two are very short-just deep!)

ok,first recommendation is Susan Jeffers book ‘Feel the fear and do it anyway’ warning, I opened a (successful!) shop after reading it two years ago.

2nd recommendation is ‘The richest man in Babylon’ uncertain of author as my copy is out on loan in exchange for ‘the cashflow quadrant!’

Good Luck with your journey,Kerri

[happy][buz2][build]

Profile photo of RealEstateQueenRealEstateQueen
    @realestatequeen

The author to richest man in babylon is george s clason.
    i would recommend all of kiyosakis books, and dolf de roos books, and richest man in babylon, and think and grow rich. These will help your mentality hugely. These books are worth their cost 10x over, and if you have a good accountant, you can claim them on your tax return!
    read as much as you can, it is the cheapest form of learning, and also, you might be interested in our young at heart investors club. We are starting up a club for people new to investing, with the aims of meeting around once a month, to exchange ideas, and help each other. email me if you want more information, at this stage its free to join if your willing to contribute.
    Learn as much as you can, read lots and lots of books, and believe in yourself. Your mind is your most powerful tool, as anyone successful will tell you, its not about how much money you have, its about what you believe you can achieve. Most successful people started out with nothing and no schooling, and they worked hard to make their life everything they dreamed it could be. have faith in yourself![thumbsup2]

Profile photo of kiwinozkiwinoz
    @kiwinoz

Wow! Thanks for all the input guys, looks like I’ve got quite the shopping list now, and will have to put aside loads of reading time…

Audrey123, would have loved to join your investors club, but unfortunately I’m based in Sydney while it looks like you are in SA.

Does anyone know of any clubs set up in Sydney??

Profile photo of VijayGopinathVijayGopinath
    @vijaygopinath

I do track and my event is hurdles. I'm alright, I've been doin it for the past 2 years. I want to be really good this year for indoor and outdoor. Any advise.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.