All Topics / Help Needed! / Offer rejected this morning

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of PhorshaPhorsha
    Participant
    @phorsha

As a first home buyer I was under the impression I am suppose to receive written confirmation signed by the owner that they do not wish to accept my offer. Instead I received an email wanting me to sign saying “ I blah blah hereby exercise my right to not proceed further with the offer for purchase of the property located at bah blah”. Just doesn’t sound correct to me.
    [thumbsdownanim

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Agents have a fiduciary duty to their vendors, there is nothing in the legislation saying they have to get back to purchasers regarding a rejection of offers. Some ring out of curtesy but they don’t have to.

There are plenty of fish in the sea, don’t worry just look for another property [biggrin][biggrin]

Investment Property Management
    http://www.adprop.com.au

Profile photo of PhorshaPhorsha
    Participant
    @phorsha

They counter offered, I assumed that would have to be on paper. I don’t trust verbal agreements..Oh wellz.[cigar]

btw it is Perth, not much fish in the sea, thus I’m investigating Brisbane and Melbourne atm.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Porsha,

Remember to keep a rational perspective on what you are doing, in essence do not become attached to the property.

At the moment it is a seller’s market in Perth and vendors hold the upper hand in negotiations (at least with those who are attached to a property and let emotion get in the way).

Looking elsewhere is not a bad move on your part.

Derek
    [email protected]
    The Investors Club http://www.monopoly.tic.com.au
    0409 882 958
    Skype – derekjones2113

Profile photo of PhorshaPhorsha
    Participant
    @phorsha

To be honest, with the amount I will be spending there is NOTHING in Perth i could possibly get emotionally attached to, they are all sh*t holes [biggrin]

Brisbane looks most logical at this stage..this statement is a bit of a worry but perhaps I could get a bargain unlike here! “According to Home Price Guide the average Brisbane house now takes 15 weeks to sell; almost double the time on the market as twelve months ago. “

http://www.propertyupdate.com.a

Profile photo of joshadelsajoshadelsa
    @joshadelsa

yeah I had an offer turn downed this afternoon, it was verbal and was told if I would like to make a new offer that closing time was later that day.

I decided not to continue.

It was in adelaide where theres many opportunities out there.

Investor Finance
    [email protected]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.