All Topics / General Property / Am I going mad?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of 30563056
    Participant
    @3056

I’ll try and keep this simple. I have 3 IPs worth around $1.2M, a rental income of around $47,000 pa and a $65,000 annual salary. I have a Rocket Investment Loan (Westpac) with a balance of $445,000 and available redraw of $35,000. I approached the bank and asked them how much more they would lend me. They came up with $450,000 more and popped it into an Equity Access Loan (LOC?). As well as the standard 0.7% rate reduction for being on the Premier Advantage Package, they knocked off another 0.25%. So on the EAL I’m paying 7.02% instead of the standard 7.97%. Not only is the rate better than the 7.12% on the RIL, but the loan suits me better in that the limit is fixed, no min repayments etc. So the bleeding obvious hit me and I decided to call them back and ask them to merge the two loans into the EAL and remove the RIL. In effect my credit limit should have become $930,000 (right?) with a $445,000 debt and $485,000 in available funds. When the loan went through I went online to check it. My RIL still sat there untouched, but they had added $480,000 to my EAL credit limit. I now have available funds of $35,000 (RIL) + $930,000 (EAL) = $965,000!! At first I couldn’t get my head around it. Then I thought it must be an administrative error and will soon be rectified, but a week later nothing has changed. I even rang the Mortgage Centre and tried to explain it but they couldn’t see the problem!! Please tell me I’m not going mad.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

MAD

Many Additional Dollars

Sounds interesting..where to from here for you?

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Online Positive Cashflow and Renovating Calculators

Profile photo of 30563056
    Participant
    @3056

Good question..I’m not sure whether to be excited or scared about having all these funds available to me. I don’t think it’s the right time to be buying more property just yet. I’ve been trading some gold stocks recently with reasonable success so I’ll continue to do that. But if gold price can revisit and break through its recent high of $US730 an ounce, I may start accumulating on a bigger scale.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.