All Topics / Value Adding / Rebuilding costs?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of ArtaudArtaud
    Participant
    @artaud

Hello all.

Posted this in Help Wanted but got no replies. Hopefully the reno and builder kids here will be able to help.

I’m looking at a new building and landlord insurance policy for a residential IP.

As part of premium determination an estimate of building replacement/rebuilding is required. Some insurers have calculators on their websites to determine this value but I have found that, despite asking the same questions, the values tend to vary significantly. I have tended to go for the larger figures in the past (better safe than broke, I say)

I realise that there are many factors to consider but has anyone out there found a reliable calculator or formula for accurately determining rebuilding costs?

For the record it’s a 3×1 double brick and pitched iron roof (~8mx16m) built in about 1955. Wooden floors, big bedrooms, bigger than average kitchen, two room shed/single garage (~5mx9m) on a big, gently sloping block.

Cheers,
    Art

‘Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.’ – Albert Einstein

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.