All Topics / Heads Up! / Brisbane property/shares/franchise expo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of mcdeyessmcdeyess
    @mcdeyess

Hi all,

On the weekend (Aug 5-6) there was a property/shares/franchise expo in Brisbane. I didn’t even realise, lucky I read the paper on Saturday afternoon and noticed a small ad at the bottom of a page.
    I went on Sunday with my partner and for $7 each (discounted tickets) experienced tremendous value for money.

I cannot speak for shares or franchising as I know even less about these than I do property. However the property section was awesome, there were some really interesting stands and not to much of the high pressure stuff.
    Certainly the most valuable part of the experience was the free seminars I watched 4 in total and thought they were all brilliant. In particular Margaret Lomas and the Reno Kings had fabulous presentations. I was most impressed with Geoff from the Reno kings who stayed around his stand for almost the entire day to sign books and speak to people. I spent about 15 minutes with him and was really impressed that someone with his experience was willing to pass on so much knowledge to a novice like myself.

My hat goes off to the organisers of this event. I will certainly attend next year and recommend it to everyone.

Cheers,
    [email protected]

PS. I think this is my 50th post …. yay[biggrin]

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

I got in for FREE, even better by using my API magazine ticket.
    I too enjoyed the Expo and purchased Gary Seeto’s new book for the bargain price $20 which he personally autographed. I also got a chance to see his new boardgame ($330 – ouch!) I also caught up with Michael Yardney, who is looking fantastic having lost some weight.
    We even got free Sushi and coffee from the Franchise expo next door!
    Great day.

Amanda
    “It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of fbd1fbd1
    @fbd1

I went too…
    It was inspiring & full of information. I too saw the Reno Kings seminar. They are amazing. I bought their book & had it signed by both. I haven’t had a chance to even open the pages yet but I will.
    Found lots of interesting hints & tips there. Pity I didn’t know you were going Amanda??? I could have met up with you. I went on Saturday & then travelled home on Sat nite. Got home to Gladstone at midnight.
    Hope you learnt something worthwhile as well.
    Cheers
    Dianne Burns[strum]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.