All Topics / Help Needed! / Carrum Downs or Tarneit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of juzza316juzza316
    @juzza316

If you had to pick between Carrum Downs to Tarneit to build a house in, and live in for 5 years which would you pick?
    Keep in mind you work in Port Melbourne![confused2]

Sorry this sounds confusing however I am very confused as to where to buy as I believe Carrum Downs will be of more value in 5 years (however I work in Port Melbourne!). Tarneit is very far away and doesn’t look like a fantastic area for infrastructure.

Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Profile photo of HutchHutch
    Participant
    @hutch

I disagree. Tarneit/Hoppers is booming will have very good infrastructure in the next 3-5 years, with slow but steady capital growth (Just so you know I have IP property in these areas). Having said that Carrum Downs will have much better CG in 3-5 years and I would personally love to be closer to the water.

In Melbourne its the old theory that your CG speed will be in direct correlation to your radius distance from the Bay.

Profile photo of juzza316juzza316
    @juzza316

Thanks Hutch.

CD is close to the water, therefore CG will be quicker. Tarneit will take longer to make any growth, but eventually will, right?

I would prefer Carrum Downs for the “close to the bay” factor, however as I will be working in Port melbourne as of 2007 it would take so long to get there!!!![glum]

Profile photo of HutchHutch
    Participant
    @hutch

If its any help. The guy I work with moved from Yarraville to Mt.Eliza last year and he works in South Melbourne (near Port). He travels 40-60 minutes each way, but loves it and wouldn’t have it any other way.

This shows me that everyone has differing thresholds of pain and versions of ‘long travel’. Port to Tarneit will take 20-40 mins depending time of day, which is not too bad. (I travel 10 mins a day each way so I cant talk.)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.