All Topics / Creative Investing / Here’s a problem Re – house boat?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Know of a guy that bought a house boat bout 2002 about 22k and recently sold it for 60k on a pension, this was just before the new mooring rules came in where…when selling a boat next person don’t get to keep the mooring where the boat is! In other words your up stream without a mooring spot.

That’s not why I posted. But it’s similar reason.

I know of a House Boat that is 30k I can buy it for no deposit and pay it off for 10 years and no interest.

Hey, all sounds good but if I buy it I will be up the stream without somewhere to Moore it!

This is the problem how could I Moore or put the boat somewhere as I know I can a) increase it’s value with a tidy up 2). Resell it taking an ‘X’ amount of deposit from my buyer say 10k (deposit) and selling it for 40-45k so I would end up with 10k in my pocket and the boat getting paid off and some cash flow each week. Done deal I can move on!

I don’t know all the rules to the Murray river but some places you can park the boats and some places you can’t if I found somewhere where it could be parked and then sell it then I could actually make this transaction and take the boat up or down the river to this spot and then sell it from their.

Any suggestions here.

Here’s the story current owners been living onboard the boat for 4 years till new rules came in so can’t live on boat no more (moved off about August last year) and because now rent in a normal house and other things just finding they can’t or don’t want the extra expense of having the boat, they have owner it for ten years and want to sell it. And having trouble finding a buyer as the buyer must take the boat away from the current mooring spot.

You can take the boat up river for months at a time but I mean what’s going to happen if you need to go on land and Moore it somewhere. I love the idea of going for a trip but don’t want to be stuck with this boat.

I know of two buyers that want to buy it now and live on the boat but the new laws say you can’t. One has ten grand ready to slap on a deposit.

I posted this because I am hoping for some creative suggestions and ideas from anyone as I can’t see the way so far!?

Seems all I need to do is find somewhere to get it moored where I can resell it so someone else can have it moored their. But where would that place be? Obviously the current owners are locals so they want it close to where they live but in my position I could travel with it and deliver this boat as far up or down the Murray as I can go!

This is where I think the current owners are not thinking outside the square and where I think I need to solve their problem!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.