All Topics / General Property / An Absolute Pearler

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Cabo WaboCabo Wabo
    Participant
    @cabo-wabo

How’re we going folks?

I saw something on TV last night that i thought was one of the most valid, beautifully timed and humerous things i’ve seen i years… so i thought i’d share it with all of you.. (just in case u missed it).

There was a federal Ad on TV that said something like this:

“whether u’ve got a little or a lot, if you have trouble managing your income then we can help. We can show you how to budget, prioritise, and set some aside for a rainy day. etc etc etc…. Just log onto http://www.whatever.gov.au and we’ll show you how. “

I was sitting there watching this Ad and it dawned on me[blink] that the federal government is so worried about frivbilous consumer spending that they’re putting Ads like THIS on TV! WOW!!! THAT’s AWESOME I THOUGHT!!! …the implications of it being on my TV realy impacted me. i was very impressed.

But get this:

Mr Costello’s Ad was then directly followed by a real slick CREDIT CARD AD!!!

Man, if i’d had my stubbie in my hand at the time i’d had had my beer all over the ceiling. I sat bolt upright, threw my hands in the air, pointed and whooped with joy. [lmao] I laughed and laughed. Boy i thought it was funny!

I was even chuckling about it in the shower an hour later.

Maybe its just me but i thought it was just the funniest thing…. [biggrin]

Cabo Wabo

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

I was watching TV and Mr Howard came on with a special announcement that people should spend less and not borrow too much money to buy their houses and buy consumer products.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.