All Topics / Help Needed! / Is it ok to use a listing agent as a buyer’s agent

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of mcdillmcdill
    @mcdill

I’m working overseas at the moment so I need a buyer’s agent to help with some of the legwork. However the buyers agents I have found only service the capital cities and I am interested in regional areas (regional Vic specifically).

Some of the listing agents I contacted for recommendations have offered to act as buyers agents. Has anyone done this instead of using someone who purely acts as buyers agent all the time? Is it advisable?

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi
    yes I have and do as a rule.
    what I do is organise a real estate that is in the area and get them to work as a buyers agent.
    it works for me as follows I ask them to do a deal on a property that I have already look at and want them to negotiate on my behalf once this has been done i organise that I only want to deal with one real estate and the vendor must cancel there agent and only deal with mine and must then sign an agency agreement with my agent( I then don’t pay the commission the vendor does)( my agent charges 1% commision instead of 1.8% so the vendor is happy the agent is happy and I pay nothing)( and for my agent its 1% they were not going to get as a rule so they want the deal to go thru).
    I tell my agent what I want to pay and and a premium to get the price down lower.
    once a price has been agreed then they sign there agreement at the value we have agreed.
    and is very successfull.
    the best agent for me is the one in the game and the people in thi game are real estate and at the end of the day a real estates job is to sell real estate his, yours or there’s
    any real estate
    so they are the best people toi have as buyers agents and no its not a conflict of interest as you are asking them to find this product at this value.
    welcombe to my world was negotiated with a real estate as the buyers agent.
    I use them as a matter of coarse.

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.