All Topics / Help Needed! / Development costs?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of HoBeHoBe
    @hobe

Hi,
    I’ve got inspired by people on the forum building units on their backyard to increase rental yields. I haven’t got in touch with any builders to get quotes yet, and I thought I might ask if anyone can give me a rough estimate of how much to budget for to build a block of 4-5 basic 2-bedroom units in Brisbane? i realise this is like asking how long is a piece of string, but I just want to get an idea to get started. Also, what zoning is generally required to build blocks of units?
    Grateful for any input.
    Cheers

HoBe

Profile photo of GeoffBeckGeoffBeck
    @geoffbeck

Hi HoBe,

Not from Brisbane area but Sydney therefore can’t directly answer your question, but the following is a guide for your question answer.

1. Take time out to visit your local council which your land is located. Ask questions, any questions, zoning, regulations, development application cost etc. I find most council are helpful.

2. Make phone calls to architects, town planner, surveyor, builders etc to get cost estimates.

3. Buy a book to guide you, suggest “Australian Residential Property Development” or even Martin Ayles CD’s from PI.com, it worked for me.

4. Re building costs, do a google search (Australian) for key words, again it worked for me.

Hope this helps.

GeoffB

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.