Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of staffreid129310staffreid129310
    @staffreid129310

I am wanting to sell my rented property in Melb. I am unsure of which real estate agent to choose. Do I go with the agent who sold it to me and are the rental agents and are a big company hence are a bit blase about my little property. Or do I go for the new privately owned smaller company who seem very keen to get my business? Both charge the same but I am worried that the bigger company wont put as much effort into my property as it is in the lower end of prices. Where as the smaller one is not the managing agent and may have difficulty accessing the property. Anyone have any ideas to help me choose?[blush2][worried]

Profile photo of crushercrusher
    Participant
    @crusher

I recommend that you contact Neil Jenman and ask him for a trusted and reliable agent in your area.

http://www.jenman.com.au

A relative of mine used an agent that adhered to the Jenman system and when she got tired of waiting and was willing to sell quickly the agent said “No, I will get you $10,000 more” He worked harder and longer and got her the $10,000 extra. You don’t see much of that anymore!! Most agents would be ecstatic to get a quick sale and quick commission.

Todd Burns
    http://www.freepropertyhelp.com.au

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi

As always, there are two sides to every story. Here’s a contrary view of the Jenman system.
    http://www.jenman.org/

Cheers, Paul

Paul & Karen Dobson
    negative2positive
    Turn your negatively geared property into positive cashflow.
    Phone: (02) 4984 9540

Talk to us about Wrap Training Joint Ventures.

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of holdencommodoreholdencommodore
    @holdencommodore

What suburb in Melbourne is the property?

(“,) $$$ HoLdEnCoMmOdOrE $$$ (“,)

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Jenman agents are getting less and less every year. I doubt you will benefit much by talking to him. I wouldn’t. He wrote a book that panders to every ill informed persons prejudices against agents. Is like the ACA in print.

I suggest you speak with both agents and go with the one you think is best. If you choose the smaller then he should be OK to get access. It all depends on your tenants cooperation. If he gives you trouble then perhaps sweeten the deal by lowering his rent for the period.

At the end of the day if the house is advertised then the buyers will come. An agent doesn’t talk people into buying a home – the home does. He simply tries to smooth the path.

Why are you selling?

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of crushercrusher
    Participant
    @crusher

Hi All,

Interesting little propaganda site against Neil Jenman. I notice that there is no mention at all of who the publisher of the website is. At least Neil has the guts to identify himself to those he is critical of.

People usually love or hate Neil but I know that he has campaigned strongly for many battlers and those that have been ripped off by unscrupulous agents.

In my early days of investing Neil helped me out with an agent that tried to rip me off and for this I am very grateful.

I studied the Jenman system because I was going to become an RE agent. I was offered a job but I decided that I did not want to commit to do the sort of hours that RE agents do.

Simon, have you studied the Jenman system in depth? ‘Smoothing the path’ is an interesting way of putting what many RE agents do. I know that many RE agents are taught to condition the vendor down in price to get a quick sale and quick commission and a host of other tactics that are not in the best interests of the vendor. I’ve had nearly every trick in the book tried on me in my dealings with agents.

If “the house is advertised and the buyers will come”. Then why does the vendor need an agent at all. Just take out an ad in the newspaper, sell to the highest offer and save a lot on commissions.

I say don’t “just go with who you think” but educate yourself thoroughly first. Read Neils information and make up your own mind. See for yourself if what he says is true as you go through the selling process.

Todd Burns
    http://www.freepropertyhelp.com.au

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.